Advisor, Community Engagement at Electoral Commission, Bay of Plenty
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
About the role
Do you have experience activating community participation across a region? Do you thrive on being part of the community and offering sound advice and information to a range of groups and individuals?
The Advisor Community Engagement is a key role, which helps to drive and educate communities, encouraging them to enrol and participate in elections.
- Develop and foster relationships through internal and external engagement
- Effectively and efficiently respond to public and media enquiries
- Support the delivery of electoral events
- Engage with local community champions
- Practice a continuous improvement approach
- Contribute to the effectiveness and achievement of team goals
This role will be key in maintaining community partnerships with communities and organisations.
To be successful in this role you need the following:
- 3+ years' experience in office management, administration in a customer service environment
- Ability to build knowledge of community and required networks
- Experience in the delivery of operational policies and procedures based on legislation
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines
- Professional and results-oriented approach with good business and customer focus
- Strong connections within specific communities.
Why join the Electoral Commission?
The Commission has an inclusive strength-focused culture where diversity and inclusion are encouraged and valued. We understand how important family is and support a family-friendly work environment. You will be part of a team who are here to promote participation and understanding and is passionate about making people's voices heard.
About the Electoral Commission | Te Kaitiaki Take Kōwhiri
The Electoral Commission wants every New Zealander to trust, value and take part in parliamentary elections. We are an independent Crown Entity who works with and through communities to inform, engage and educate New Zealanders about the value of participation, make it easy for them to enrol and vote, promote understanding of New Zealand's democratic processes, and deliver parliamentary elections and referenda.
To apply for this role please click on the “APPLY ONLINE” button.
For a job description application form click the links below.
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday 24 August 2022
You must be legally allowed to work in New Zealand.
All new employees are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide a copy of their My Vaccine Pass (MVP) when accepting an offer of employment with the Commission. If there is no MVP provided it will be assumed you are not vaccinated and this may impact the work you are able to perform for the Electoral Commission
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Location:||Bay of Plenty|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||Advisor Community Engagement May 2022.pdf (PDF, 240KB)
Application for employment - fillable.pdf (PDF, 118KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.