Coordinator, Community Engagement at Electoral Commission, Canterbury
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Are you a proactive administrative superstar, with exceptional co-ordination and office management skills and experience, competent with the suite of Microsoft office tools, with a desire to improve community participation in New Zealand's democratic processes? If so, then we want you!
About the role:
This role provides administrative and coordination support to the Manager community engagement and the community engagement team, to facilitate the effective engagement with our communities.
- Assist the Manager Community Engagement, and other community engagement staff, to coordinate community activities
- Ensure that team members are at the right place, at the right times, with the right tools
- Provide administration support for the Community Engagement team.
- Contribute to the delivery of timely and accurate reports
- Support the delivery of engagement in a digital environment.
This role is key in supporting the functions of the Manager Community Engagement and their team,
To be successful in this role you need the following:
- Proven data entry skills
- Planning and organisational skills
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks with a high degree of accuracy
- Possess high attention to detail and ability to recognise discrepancies
- Professional and results orientated with good business and customer focus
- Experience managing confidential information appropriate.
Why join the Electoral Commission?
The Commission has an inclusive strength-focused culture where diversity and inclusion are encouraged and valued. We understand how important family is and support a family-friendly work environment. You will be part of a team who are here to promote participation and understanding and is passionate about making people's voices heard.
About the Electoral Commission | Te Kaitiaki Take Kōwhiri
The Electoral Commission wants every New Zealander to trust, value and take part in parliamentary elections. We are an independent Crown Entity who works with and through communities to inform, engage and educate New Zealanders about the value of participation, make it easy for them to enrol and vote, promote understanding of New Zealand's democratic processes, and deliver parliamentary elections and referenda.
To apply now click the button below or for a position description and application form, please click the links.
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday 24 August 2022.
You must be legally allowed to work in New Zealand.
All new employees are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide a copy of their My Vaccine Pass (MVP) when accepting an offer of employment with the Commission. If no MVP is provided it will be assumed you are not vaccinated and this may impact the work you are able to perform for the Electoral Commission
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||Coordinator Community Engagement May 2022.pdf (PDF, 250KB)
Application for employment - fillable.pdf (PDF, 118KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.