Process Lead at Ministry of Social Development, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The Ministry of Social Development is a people-centred organisation. We're in communities across the motu, working with partners to help New Zealanders be safe, strong and independent.
We provide social policy and advice to government and assistance, including income, employment and housing support to people of all ages, families, whānau and communities.
As a Te Tiriti o Waitangi partner we are committed to supporting and enabling Māori, whānau, hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
Our people are as diverse as the communities we serve. We care about the wellbeing and success of our people and provide a supportive and inclusive working environment where people can thrive and be who they are.
Permanent and Fixed Term/Secondment positions
Overview of position
The Process Lead will be responsible for leading the development and improvement of end-to-end processes or Mega processes across one of our delivery arms in either Housing or the Employment Portfolios.
Working with process analysts, business subject matter experts and other operational teams and managers, the Process Lead will identify and champion opportunities to improve the quality and efficiency of end-to-end processes.
Once prioritised for implementation, the process lead will co-ordinate the design, development and implementation of process improvements within their portfolio as part of the overall delivery team within the service portfolio.
Key to success will be a strong client experience focus, ability to see the big picture, a collaborative and influencing style and a relentless desire to improve the way we do things.
- Have responsibility for end-to-end performance of assigned processes/Mega processes
- Develop and implement metrics to monitor and improve performance of services, processes, and overall service quality trends to ensure provision of timely, accurate and relevant client services
- Create and deliver training to frontline/regional staff as part of implementation for new processes
- Ensure processes are well integrated across Service Delivery and all its service channels
- Support Delivery Leads and the Director to ensure the process improvement framework and approach is part of the ‘DNA' of service
You will have:
- Experience in designing and implementing operational process and best practice in a Service Delivery environment
- Experience in creating and delivering training to frontline/regional staff as part of implementation for new services or processes
- Experience in business, data and/or process analysis activities using structured approaches
- High level of technical and professional knowledge in job related areas
Salary range: $82,189.00 - $100,453.00
How to apply
To apply, click the 'Apply Now' button to upload your CV, cover letter and complete the online application form.
Note: Your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the key responsibilities listed in the position description.
All applications must be made online. If this is not possible or if you have any queries, please contact us at email@example.com
Internal MSD Employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate. Please indicate in your cover letter if you have support from your manager to apply for secondments.
Closing date: 14 August 2022
Joining MSD means being part of a whānau that celebrates the diversity each individual represents. We show manaaki, we care about the wellbeing and success of people and want everyone to thrive, and be who they are in a supportive and inclusive working environment. We work together to make a difference for communities while doing the right thing with integrity. We are a Treaty partner committed to strengthening relationships with Māori, Hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so we can assist you through the recruitment process.
MSD has a COVID-19 vaccination policy which requires employees to be fully vaccinated prior to 1 September 2022. From 1 September 2022 MSD's policy will be to encourage, but not require, employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and its variants unless the role is identified as requiring vaccination at the time.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Social Development|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Social, welfare & community|
|Attachment:||process-lead-november-2021.docx (Word, 183KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.