Manager Contact Centre Services, Hamilton, Permanent at Ministry of Social Development, Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Lead through a principles-based approach
- Culture of continuous improvement
- Provide thought leadership and execute strategy
Ko te pae tawhiti Whāia kia tata, ko te pae tata Whakamaua kia tina.
Seek out the distant horizons, while cherishing those achievements at hand.
Helping people, whānau, families and communities is at the centre of what we do.
The Ministry of Social Development works to contribute positively to the well being of people today and into the future. From the services we deliver to the policy advice we give, we strive to keep improving so we can help each generation of New Zealanders build the capabilities they need to contribute positively to society.
We are looking for an exceptional people leader who has an engaging and positive approach to lead our complex and fast-moving Contact Centre, located in Wellington.
We have an important role to play. Every call we take impacts New Zealanders lives. We need to get it right the first time, so we have capacity to assist those who need our support most. The work is varied and diverse; we receive a range of queries including, employment support studylink assistance entitlements, income support entitlements, childcare subsidies, housing assessments, extra help financial assistance, hardship grants and requests for information to name a few.
As the Contact Centre Manager, you are responsible for leading a dedicated team of professionals to deliver outstanding customer service to New Zealanders. You enjoy leading from the front and encouraging service excellence at every opportunity.
Reporting to the General Manager Contact Centre and Digital Services you'll:
- provide strong, effective leadership to your team
- lead the operation of the Contact Centre and be responsible for the overall performance, including the successful implementation of Service Delivery and Ministry initiatives
- create a welcoming and positive environment for our staff – where we look after each other and provide a fantastic service to New Zealanders that need our help
- motivate, inspire and influence those around you to achieve/exceed targets and expectations – and then take time out to celebrate success
- provide guidance, support and coaching to develop the leadership capability in your teams
- build relationships with other MSD teams to make sure we're connected and delivering an integrated service
- be committed to continuous improvement - always connecting back to our purpose and looking for better ways of delivering our services.
You will also be involved in:
- recruitment and training of new employees
- performance management and providing individualised coaching
- assisting in the completion of regular assessments
- monitoring and reporting on performance at an individual, team and unit level
- advancing the professional development of the team
- supporting wider MSD initiatives.
- ability to influence change and implement continuous improvement initiatives
- regular coaching and development opportunities
- great location near public transport and amenities
- competitive salary in line with skills and experience.
For a further discussion about the role contact Geoff, GM Contact Centre and Digital Service on (04) 916 3168.
How to apply
To apply, click the 'Apply Now' button to upload your CV, cover letter and complete the online application form.
Note: Your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the key responsibilities listed in the position description.
Internal MSD Employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
Applications close: Wednesday 17th August 2022 at 10pm
Salary range: $109,999.00 - $164,999.00
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Social Development|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.