Policy Advisors at Energy Efficiency & Conservation Authority, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
He angitūtanga - The opportunity
The Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority (EECA) is in an exciting growth period with increasingly important work on the horizon, contributing to NZ's Emissions Reduction Plan. Currently, our Policy and Engagement team is looking for two Advisors to join this exciting work programme and provide ministerial servicing and policy advice.
An average day in this role could include:
- developing policy advice on EECA's strategic focus areas, including energy, climate change, transport and housing
- liaising with teams inside EECA, as well as other public sector organisations
- preparing and coordinating briefings, along with responding to information requests.
He kōrero mōu - About you
To be successful in this role, you'll have:
- a tertiary qualification in humanities, public policy economics, psychology or similar, plus at least two years' relevant work experience
- outstanding communication skills - both written and verbal
- understanding of machinery of Government
- a proactive and collaborative approach.
Ta matou e tuku - What we offer:
- Free medical insurance through Southern Cross
- Support for training and development, and opportunities for progression
- An excellent working environment; tight-knit, collaborative and passionate work culture (as well as a great social club!)
Ko wai mātou - Who we are
The Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority (EECA) is a Crown Entity - our purpose is to mobilise New Zealanders to be world leaders in clean and clever energy use. We are Te Tari Tiaki Pūngao, Guardian of the energy. This means we have a responsibility as part of the public sector to ensure that all of New Zealand recognises the energy we save now will be an asset to our future in a multitude of ways. We want a sustainable energy system that supports the prosperity and well-being of current and future generations.
You can read more about what we do at EECA - Energy Efficiency and Tono ināianei - Apply now
If you are interested in learning more about what the role involves, please see the position description below.
To be considered for this role,please submit your CV and cover letter by email to Siobhan Tanner at email@example.com before 11.59pm on Wednesday, 23 August 2022.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Energy Efficiency & Conservation Authority|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Policy & analysis|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.