Electorate Manager - Northshore at Electoral Commission, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The Electoral Commission is recruiting for Electorate Managers for the General Election in 2023, across the motu. These are interesting and exciting roles with a competitive salary.
We are looking for people who know their community and can bring together a diverse group of people to deliver an important event for all New Zealanders.
Key responsibilities are to:
- plan, manage and deliver a large operational event
- build and lead an electorate team to successfully deliver voting service to the community
- find voting places in areas that meet your communities' diverse needs including focusing on areas to ensure Māori participation in the electoral system
- deliver accountabilities in relation to Māori electorates where appropriate
- ensure sufficient people, that are reflective of the communities they serve, are recruited, and appropriately trained
- ensure electorate materials are securely managed
- manage the electorate budget and deliver the agreed services within the allocated budget
- ensure that electoral processes are completed to agreed standards and timeframes, including the election night results and the official results.
The role requires you to work a minimum of 38 weeks of full-time work between 13 February and 3 November 2023. You will also be required to travel throughout your electorate on a regular basis and to attend national and regional training sessions.
To be successful in this role you need to demonstrate:
- leadership, communication, and proven ability in relationship management
- ability to build a diverse, high performing team
- ability to plan and deliver an operational event to tight deadlines
- knowledge, awareness and strong networks with different cultures within your community
- knowledge, experience and capabilities working with Māori ensuring input into delivery of electoral events
- sound working knowledge of the Microsoft applications (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Sound judgement and decision making.
About the Electoral Commission
The Electoral Commission wants every New Zealander to trust, value and take part in Parliamentary elections. Here's your chance to contribute to New Zealand's democracy by working alongside a small team of electoral experts who design, build and implement processes and systems for Parliamentary elections and referenda. It is an exciting and varied role within a team that is committed, supportive and hands on.
For more information, about these roles or to view the job description, visit https://elections.nz/jobs/electorate-manager.
To Apply Now, click the button on this page and upload your cover letter and CV.
Applications for secondments from within the public sector are welcome. Ensure you specify which location you want to apply for in your cover letter.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday October 3rd.
We will respond to your application as early as possible. However, as we anticipate high interest and many applications for these roles, please allow up to two months for us to get back to you before contacting us about your application.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand.
All Electorate Managers are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide a copy of their My Vaccine Pass (MVP) when accepting an offer of employment with the Electoral Commission.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.