Advisor Legal, Legal and Policy at Electoral Commission, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
About the role | Mō tēnei tūranga mahi
- We are looking for an Advisor Legal to join our legal and policy team. The role offers interesting work advising on and supervising compliance with electoral legislation.
- Assisting with advice on electoral legislation including election advertising, broadcasting, expenditure, donations and loans, and compliance
- Providing statutory advisory opinions, and guidance for parties, candidates and other electoral participants
- Operational policy advice for the delivery of the election, contributing to projects and supporting the work of other teams within the Electoral Commission.
What you'll need to succeed | Ko ngā mea ka hiahiatia e koe kia angitū
- Relevant tertiary qualification in law, post-qualification experience an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply complex legislation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoy working in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to work under pressure
About Te Kaitiaki Take Kōwhiri | Electoral Commission
The Electoral Commission wants every New Zealander to trust, value and take part in Parliamentary elections. Here's your chance to contribute to New Zealand's democracy by working alongside a small team of electoral experts who design, build and implement processes and systems for Parliamentary elections and referenda. It is an exciting and varied role within a team that is committed, supportive and hands on.
What's next | He aha e whai ake nei
To apply please click "Apply for this job".
You must be legally allowed to work in New Zealand.
If you have any questions regarding the role please contact email@example.com.
Applications close at 5pm on Tuesday 4 October 2022.
All new employees are encouraged to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide a copy of their My Vaccine Pass (MVP) when accepting an offer of employment with the Commission. If an MVP is not provided, we will assume you are not vaccinated and this may impact the work you are able to perform for the Electoral Commission.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Category:||Legal & courts|
|Attachment:||Advisor Legal JD September 2022 (002).docx (Word, 73KB)
Application for employment.pdf (PDF, 150KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.