Assurance and Risk Advisor - IT at Parliamentary Counsel Office, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Deliver Great Law for New Zealand
- Join a team that is inspired by challenging, diverse and meaningful work
- Be at the centre of central government
- Enjoy a great office location with flexible working options and an outstanding wellbeing package
The Parliamentary Counsel Office (PCO) plays a critical role in developing and publishing New Zealand's legislation. Our vision of Great Law for New Zealand underpins everything we do. We work across government agencies to deliver legislation that is fit for purpose, constitutionally sound, and accessible.
The work we do is challenging, diverse, and integral to the lives of New Zealanders. There's no other place like it.
The People, Services and Delivery group is a newly refreshed team supporting the organisation with services including HR, Finance, Procurement, Information Management, Operations, Risk & Assurance. We are collaborative, aspirational, and connected by our firm focus on supporting people to shape the future of New Zealand's law. We work to build strong and resilient relationships across the business to achieve strong engagement and effective partnerships.
We now have the opportunity for a talented and motivated individual to join our newly established Business and IT Assurance group. Come and join our team of talented, committed professionals who consistently deliver high-quality outcomes for the business.
This is a new, permanent position reporting to the Assurance Manager - Business & IT. This role will be a great fit if you are looking to further develop your career in the area of information security and technology assurance and risk. Come and shape how PCO executes its assurance programme!
This role is responsible for:
- the development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans, ensuring such plans are tested in accordance with policy
- facilitation of cyber security and technology risk training as well as collaborative risk awareness and identification sessions
- development, publication and maintenance of relevant InfoSec and technology policies and guidelines to PSR & NZISM standards
- ensuring all IT services are compliant with agreed quality, performance and customer experience standards
- performing evidence based responses to audit recommendations raised, to provide assurance that recommended controls are appropriately implemented
- supporting the Assurance Manager to carry out assurance functions as directed.
If you are interested in developing a deep understanding of the PCO's business, making connections and finding ways to work smarter, not harder, then this role could be the perfect next step in your career. As someone who prides yourself on your integrity and accountability, you will actively own and drive the delivery of quality outcomes for the business.
Located across the road from Parliament, PCO offers you a fascinating insight into Aotearoa's legislation.
Our workplace encourages ambition and high performance - where diversity is welcomed, and where you can be rewarded with the satisfaction of delivering. Our small size allows you to be exposed to broad opportunities and grow your skills along the way.
We offer a range of resources to support your wellbeing such as 5 weeks annual leave, access to fitness opportunities, discounted health insurance and eye tests.
Applications must include a completed PCO application form, a CV, and a letter of application, sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more about the role, see the job description (PDF 269KB) »
Applications close 26 September 2022, however please note that suitable candidates may be interviewed and confirmed prior to the close date.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Parliamentary Counsel Office|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.