Case Managers, Manurewa, Pukekohe, Permanent at Ministry of Social Development, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Manurewa or Pukekohe locations available
- Permanent, Full time
- Monday - Friday 37.55 hours per week
- Face to face case management
- Source employment and training pathways for clients
- Salary range starting $62,660 with annual progression
As a Case Manager you'll help clients access a wide range of tailored support. This face-to-face Case Management position includes having in-depth discussions with clients to uncover opportunities for employment and financial independence as appropriate. You'll provide a range of support such as addressing housing instability through early intervention to secure tenancy, employment, vocational and training pathways that are aligned to individual needs. You'll also work on the housing and income support queue and ensure that clients are supported financially and receiving their full and correct financial entitlement. You will partner with clients to help them navigate through changing labour markets and opportunities, with the goal of securing sustainable employment.
Pragmatic and empathetic, you enjoy dealing with people from all backgrounds. You remain calm under pressure and enjoy finding solutions to problems. Your welcoming approach and manāakitanga with people will enable you to know them, understand how to best support them, and work with them to meet their needs. You treat people with respect and show care for those in vulnerable positions. You'll bring a high level of personal integrity and initiative to the role and be comfortable and proficient using computer systems.
Case Managers play a vital role in our communities. Every day is different, interesting and challenging. We offer a great work environment, a positive team culture and a way to make a real difference. We offer a supportive team and environment that is committed to helping you succeed. We are multi-cultural and embrace diversity.
What we offer
- Training and on-going professional development
- Regular coaching and a supportive team environment
- Annual pay progression
- Capability development framework to support your career aspirations with us.
- Staff discount on Southern Cross Health Insurance
- Lots of practical well being support through Poutuarā - peer support, Employee Assistance Programme as our vision is to have a workplace where everyone has a sense of purpose, feels valued, are thriving and showing compassion towards self and others.
- $400 Vision care subsidy service towards your costs of eye tests, glasses and contact lenses
- Generous family leave provisions
- Accident insurance coverage for MSD staff
Salary range: $62,660.00 - $76,585.00
Important recruitment information
- Applications close: Thursday 29th September at 10pm To be considered, your application must include a current CV and cover letter that briefly outlines your suitability for the role, highlighting your administrative strengths and a bit about your career aspirations and how that fits in with joining the Ministry.
- Internal MSD Employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
MSD has a COVID-19 vaccination policy that encourages, but does not require, employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and its variants, unless the role is identified as requiring vaccination at the time.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Social Development|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||case-manager-nov-2020.docx (Word, 315KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.