Programme Coordinator at Ministry of Social Development, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The Ministry of Social Development is a people-centred organisation. We're in communities across the motu, working with partners to help New Zealanders be safe, strong and independent.
We provide social policy and advice to government and assistance, including income, employment and housing support to people of all ages, families, whānau and communities.
As a Te Tiriti o Waitangi partner we are committed to supporting and enabling Māori, whānau, hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
Our people are as diverse as the communities we serve. We care about the wellbeing and success of our people and provide a supportive and inclusive working environment where people can thrive and be who they are.
- Fixed term / Secondment opportunity until 31 March 2023
- Wellington based
- Opportunity to make a real difference
We are looking for a Programme Coordinator to join our Māori, Communities and Partnerships group
About the Role
As a Programme Coordinator in the DCE office you will work closely with the Programme Manager (DCE office)and you will provide best practice programme advice and guidance to support the Programme Manager (DCE office) and other MCP Programme Managers and staff.
You will assist with the quality assurance process of project management documentation. You will support change management, project planning and scheduling and deliver project activities of work assigned by the Programme manager.
Skills and experience required
- You are highly organised and methodical with demonstrated experience meeting deadlines and managing changing priorities.
- Your excellent communication and influencing skills are some of your key strengths as is your ability to build strong and effective relationships.
- You have good judgement and problem-solving/analytical skills.
- Intermediate computer skills (particularly Microsoft tools and apps) and the ability to pick up new systems and processes.
Skills and experience an advantage
- Experience working in an organisation that has adopted Agile processes and practices (Kanban boards, Stand ups, Programme Increment Planning).
- Experience using Microsoft Teams (Workspace, Planner, PowerBI, Lists, Forms).
- Experience working in an organisation that uses Lean practices (Process mapping and improvement).
Salary range: $62,660.00 - $76,585.00
How to apply
To apply, click the 'Apply Now' button to upload your CV, cover letter and complete the online application form.
Note: Your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the key responsibilities listed in the position description.
All applications must be made online. If this is not possible or if you have any queries, please contact us at email@example.com
Internal MSD Employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
Closing date: 5 pm, Sunday 2nd October 2022
Joining MSD means being part of a whānau that celebrates the diversity each individual represents. We show manaaki, we care about the wellbeing and success of people and want everyone to thrive, and be who they are in a supportive and inclusive working environment. We work together to make a difference for communities while doing the right thing with integrity. We are a Treaty partner committed to strengthening relationships with Māori, Hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so we can assist you through the recruitment process.
MSD has a COVID-19 vaccination policy that encourages, but does not require, employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and its variants, unless the role is identified as requiring vaccination at the time.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Social Development|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachment:||programme-coordinator-september-2022-mcp.docx (Word, 192KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.