Commercial Portfolio Manager (ICT or Professional Services) at Ministry of Social Development, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The Ministry of Social Development is a people-centred organisation. We're in communities across the motu, working with partners to help New Zealanders be safe, strong and independent.
We provide social policy and advice to government and assistance, including income, employment and housing support to people of all ages, families, whānau and communities.
As a Te Tiriti o Waitangi partner we are committed to supporting and enabling Māori, whānau, hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
Our people are as diverse as the communities we serve. We care about the wellbeing and success of our people and provide a supportive and inclusive working environment where people can thrive and be who they are.
Commercial Portfolio Manager (ICT or Professional Services)
- Permanent, Wellington based
The Commercial Portfolio Manager is responsible for all commercial procurement across a portfolio of spend and works in partnership with the organisational leaders and suppliers to deliver outcomes that help New Zealanders to be safe, strong and independent.
As a member of the Commercial Services Leadership Team, you will lead, develop and deliver portfolio sourcing pipelines and roadmaps to provide full lifecycle oversight within a portfolio. The position will provide long term commercial strategies that align with MSD strategic directions and intentions.
- Providing oversight and leadership of specific commercial portfolios throughout the commercial lifecycle
- Overseeing the ICT or Professional Services portfolio plans and roadmaps, ensuring best practice outcomes and guidance to support business needs
- Identifying and relationship oversight of MSD's strategic and/or critical portfolio suppliers
- Leading and managing relationships at all levels including those external to the organisation to become a trusted advisor
- Developing and managing strategies that anticipate, manage, and mitigate the risks associated with commercial matters
- Collaborating with management and staff regarding changes to existing or new procurement practices
Key experience and attributes we are seeking:
- Extensive senior procurement experience or procurement management experience
- Qualification in strategic procurement, MCIPS, or degree in related discipline
- Highly developed skills in coaching for high performance including ability to manage performance, and develop staff capability
- Proven senior strategic procurement experience in a large, complex organisation
- Extensive relationship management experience and expertise in a complex technical and demanding environment
- Proven senior experience and expertise in change management and implementing best practice
- Experience in a large public sector context and working knowledge of New Zealand machinery of government and government procurement policy
We are a busy Group with lots of interesting and challenging work on the go. A fun, energetic and supportive team and loads of opportunity to develop further.
How to apply
To apply, click the 'Apply Now' button to upload your CV, cover letter and complete the online application form.
Note: Your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the key responsibilities listed in the position description.
All applications must be made online. If this is not possible or if you have any queries, please contact us at email@example.com
Internal MSD Employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
Closing date: midday, 30 September 2022
Joining MSD means being part of a whānau that celebrates the diversity each individual represents. We show manaaki, we care about the wellbeing and success of people and want everyone to thrive, and be who they are in a supportive and inclusive working environment. We work together to make a difference for communities while doing the right thing with integrity. We are a Treaty partner committed to strengthening relationships with Māori, Hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so we can assist you through the recruitment process.
MSD has a COVID-19 vaccination policy that encourages, but does not require, employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and its variants, unless the role is identified as requiring vaccination at the time.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Social Development|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||commercial-portfolio-manager-commercial-services-pd.docx (Word, 313KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.