Senior Project Manager at Ministry of Social Development, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The Ministry of Social Development is a people-centred organisation. We're in communities across the motu, working with partners to help New Zealanders be safe, strong and independent.
We provide social policy and advice to government and assistance, including income, employment and housing support to people of all ages, families, whānau and communities.
As a Te Tiriti o Waitangi partner we are committed to supporting and enabling Māori, whānau, hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
Our people are as diverse as the communities we serve. We care about the wellbeing and success of our people and provide a supportive and inclusive working environment where people can thrive and be who they are.
Senior Project Manager
- Provide Senior Project Management skills across the organisation
- Support the delivery of the Māori and Pacific Responsiveness Work Programme
- Permanent opportunity - Wellington based
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager who is a strong relationship manager with a results focused approach. You will have a history of delivery and achievement on significant projects as well as managing and influencing others while working collaboratively across teams and sectors.
Reporting to the Programme Manager, this role sits within Māori Community and Partnerships who are responsible for strategic partnerships; community, employment and population-based programmes and the service management of contracted services including family and sexual violence.
In order to succeed in this role, you will have:
- Demonstrated experience working with Māori and Pacific to achieve positive change and outcomes
- Proven experience in a project/change management role, ideally within the public service arena
- Broad experience managing and building effective partnerships with external stakeholder relationships e.g. PSA, other government agencies
- Demonstrated ability to see the "big picture" and understand the strategic context of projects
- Proven decision-making experience and leadership demonstrated in leading and implementing a range of successful projects
- Financial skills with the ability to manage budgets, timeframes, benefits and associated risks
- Sound knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling projects
So, if you are looking for a challenging role where you can really make a difference and lead the delivery of critical work, please apply now.
Salary range: $109,424.00 - $133,740.00
How to apply
To apply, click the 'Apply Now' button to upload your CV, cover letter and complete the online application form.
Note: Your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the key responsibilities listed in the position description.
All applications must be made online. If this is not possible or if you have any queries, please contact us at email@example.com
Internal MSD Employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
Closing date: 5 pm, Wednesday 5th October , however we will be reviewing applications as they come through and scheduling interviews accordingly, so if you are interested, please get in your application in as soon as possible.
Joining MSD means being part of a whānau that celebrates the diversity each individual represents. We show manaaki, we care about the wellbeing and success of people and want everyone to thrive, and be who they are in a supportive and inclusive working environment. We work together to make a difference for communities while doing the right thing with integrity. We are a Treaty partner committed to strengthening relationships with Māori, Hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so we can assist you through the recruitment process.
MSD has a COVID-19 vaccination policy which requires employees to be fully vaccinated.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Social Development|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||senior-project-manager-pccp-june-2022.docx (Word, 716KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.