Receptionist Administrator at Ministry of Social Development, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The Ministry of Social Development is a people-centred organisation. We're in communities across the motu, working with partners to help New Zealanders be safe, strong and independent.
We provide social policy and advice to government and assistance, including income, employment and housing support to people of all ages, families, whānau and communities.
As a Te Tiriti o Waitangi partner we are committed to supporting and enabling Māori, whānau, hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
Our people are as diverse as the communities we serve. We care about the wellbeing and success of our people and provide a supportive and inclusive working environment where people can thrive and be who they are.
- Do you have excellent customer service skills?
- Are you tech savvy and keen to learn?
- Do you want to build a career in the public sector?
- Do you want to contribute to supporting the disability sector
Due to our team members' career growth and personal development, we have two great vacancies.
We are a high energy team that provide a range of services to our internal and external clients, including support to organisations that share our facilities and back-office functions, such as Whaikaha Ministry of Disabled People and Oranga Tamariki.
- Greeting clients and visitors to our offices
- Managing and setting up meeting rooms
- Providing a switchboard service
- Helping maintain workplace security
- Performing administrative tasks
- Provide technology support to meeting attendees
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Previous professional experience in a similar environment
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to complete a wide range of administrative tasks efficiently and to a high standard
- Culturally responsive and motivated to work with a range of demographics
- Excellent, well demonstrated knowledge of conferencing and meeting room technology and systems
- Can do attitude within a team environment
- Event management experience is desirable
This role is an excellent opportunity to develop your office skills and knowledge. This is a rewarding role to do – providing great customer service to internal and external customers. Many of our team also go on to bigger and better career opportunities within MSD and outside. Supportive working environment where we'll teach you lots and reward your hard work and commitment to the role.
Salary range: $44,529.00 - $54,424.00
How to apply
To apply, click the 'Apply Now' button to upload your CV, cover letter and complete the online application form.
Note: Your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the key responsibilities listed in the position description.
All applications must be made online. If this is not possible or if you have any queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal MSD Employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
Closing date: 3 October 2022
Joining MSD means being part of a whānau that celebrates the diversity each individual represents. We show manaaki, we care about the wellbeing and success of people and want everyone to thrive, and be who they are in a supportive and inclusive working environment. We work together to make a difference for communities while doing the right thing with integrity. We are a Treaty partner committed to strengthening relationships with Māori, Hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so we can assist you through the recruitment process.
MSD has a COVID-19 vaccination policy that encourages, but does not require, employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and its variants, unless the role is identified as requiring vaccination at the time.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Social Development|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||receptionist-administrator-aug21.docx (Word, 189KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.