Senior Developer/Developer - Integration at Ministry of Social Development, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The Ministry of Social Development is a people-centred organisation. We're in communities across the motu, working with partners to help New Zealanders be safe, strong and independent.
We provide social policy and advice to government and assistance, including income, employment and housing support to people of all ages, families, whānau and communities.
As a Te Tiriti o Waitangi partner we are committed to supporting and enabling Māori, whānau, hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
Our people are as diverse as the communities we serve. We care about the wellbeing and success of our people and provide a supportive and inclusive working environment where people can thrive and be who they are.
Senior Developer/Developer – Integration
- Opportunity to make a difference to the lives of vulnerable New Zealanders
- Challenging, varied and interesting work
- An organisation that encourages growth both personally and professionally
This role includes contributing to the systems design and strategic direction for both new and existing applications. You will be working with data that may be in an application that needs to be changed due to a particular government policy. This role is a great opportunity for someone who wants to further develop themselves and work on a range of technologies in the application space.
- Within a project structure lead the development effort of several developers for discreet application deliverables
- Coach and mentor more junior developers
- Manage relationships with vendors
- Help manage relationships with business unit stakeholders
- Proactively contribute to applications design
- Provide thought leadership in the use of contemporary development techniques, tools, and artefacts
- Ensure quality is built in to all application development deliverables
- Provide application support for agreed applications including after-hours support
The right candidate will be passionate about developing high quality software products, have problem-solving skills and will collaborate well in a team environment.
- Sound understanding of data modelling, including relational and non-relational sources
- Sound understanding of XML, XSDs JSON/YAML, RESTful services, HTTP
- Working knowledge on tools to develop and design APIs such as Swagger and modelling tools such as Sparx EA
- Experience of using various tools - SoapUI, ReadyAPI, Postman etc
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines
- Smartbear ReadyAPI / Service Virtualization / Soap UI
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies, with preference for SAFe
- Is a strong believer in DevOps principles and is excited to leverage DevOps
- Able to build relationship with stakeholders with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Development experience on IBM integration tools - IIB, ACE, Datapower and MQ
- Sound knowledge and good experience on implementing OOPS principles
- Ability to document non-functional for each APIs
It's an exciting time to join the Ministry, with technology modernisation and a complex, rewarding transformation kicking off. The team is truly collaborative and passionate about the part that IST plays in delivering MSD's purpose.
You will work for an organisation that really makes a difference for New Zealanders, while having the opportunity to develop your career through mentoring, professional development and on-the-job training. You will also have access to the following benefits:
- Health Insurance
- Vision Care
- Learning and Development
- Study Assistance
- Te Ao Māori development
- Wellbeing Payment policy
- Employee Led network
- Mentoring programme
To support our people's professional development, we're implementing the SFIA capability framework. This includes translating our Position Descriptions to align with the framework. We'll keep you informed of any updates to this Position Description during the recruitment process.
Senior Developer - $98,348 - $120,203
Developer - $80,219 - $98,045
How to apply
To apply, click the 'Apply Now' button to upload your CV, cover letter and complete the online application form.
Note: Your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the key responsibilities listed in the position description.
Robert Walters is working in partnership with the Ministry of Social Development for the recruitment of selected roles within Improvement Systems and Technology.
Robert Walters will be the primary channel communication for all internal and external candidates on behalf of the MSD Recruitment team.
Internal MSD Employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
Closing date: Wednesday the 5th October 2022
Joining MSD means being part of a whānau that celebrates the diversity each individual represents. We show manaaki, we care about the wellbeing and success of people and want everyone to thrive, and be who they are in a supportive and inclusive working environment. We work together to make a difference for communities while doing the right thing with integrity. We are a Treaty partner committed to strengthening relationships with Māori, Hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so we can assist you through the recruitment process.
MSD has a COVID-19 vaccination policy that encourages, but does not require, employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and its variants, unless the role is identified as requiring vaccination at the time.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Social Development|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||developer-tiered-mar21.docx (Word, 316KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.