Lead Digital Communications Advisor, Service Delivery - Fixed Term/Secondment till 30 June 2024 at Ministry of Social Development, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The Ministry of Social Development is a people-centred organisation. We're in communities across the motu, working with partners to help New Zealanders be safe, strong and independent.
We provide social policy and advice to government and assistance, including income, employment and housing support to people of all ages, families, whānau and communities.
As a Te Tiriti o Waitangi partner we are committed to supporting and enabling Māori, whānau, hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
Our people are as diverse as the communities we serve. We care about the wellbeing and success of our people and provide a supportive and inclusive working environment where people can thrive and be who they are.
Lead Digital Communications Advisor, Service Delivery - Fixed Term/Secondment till end of June 2024
Location: National Office, Wellington
- Provide leadership for the content stream of a significant knowledge base project
- Collegial, collaborative role within a humming operational communications team
- Grow and develop a team of digital content specialists and subject matter experts
What do we do?
Part of MSD's operational arm, Service Delivery Communications provides communications planning and advice, campaign and direct marketing, digital channel content (including websites and knowledge bases), and internal communications.
Who are you?
The Lead Digital Communications Advisor reports to the Team Leader, Online Content, and is responsible for the development and implementation of our Knowledgebase project content strategy and content development. This is a significant project involving many different teams across the country. In this key role you'll provide leadership, direction and support to a team of content specialists.
You'll be adept at meeting facilitation and running content workshops involving multiple teams. Project management and reporting will be as important to you as your high standards in content work.
To be successful in this role you'll need to be/have:
- Experience in supporting and mentoring a team in their day to day work
- Advanced communication skills, both written and verbal, exceptional skills in plain English writing for different audiences and have a strong ability to translate complex information into plain English
- Significant ability in developing and implementing digital content strategies (ideally alongside or for communications teams) including information architectures and applying user experience principals.
- Strong strategic thinking and proven ability to apply analytical and research techniques and skills
- Great relationship and stakeholder management skills
- High standards for accuracy, quality, clarity and consistency
- Proven ability to influence and have high level of personal motivation, energy, and a positive approach
- SaFE agile techniques knowledge preferred, but not essential.
- Relevant tertiary qualification.
What do we offer you?
This is a unique opportunity to work with teams that make a difference to the lives of vulnerable New Zealanders. Our dedicated and collaborative teams work to support each other. We offer challenging, varied and interesting work. We provide you the opportunity to grow both personally and professionally. The benefits of working with us go beyond the norm so come and find out more.
How to apply
To apply, click the 'Apply Now' button to upload your CV, cover letter and complete the online application form.
Note: Your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the key responsibilities listed in the position description.
All applications must be made online. If this is not possible or if you have any queries, please contact us at email@example.com
Internal MSD Employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
Closing date: Wednesday, 5 October 2022
Joining MSD means being part of a whānau that celebrates the diversity each individual represents. We show manaaki, we care about the wellbeing and success of people and want everyone to thrive, and be who they are in a supportive and inclusive working environment. We work together to make a difference for communities while doing the right thing with integrity. We are a Treaty partner committed to strengthening relationships with Māori, Hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so we can assist you through the recruitment process.
MSD has a COVID-19 vaccination policy that encourages, but does not require, employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and its variants, unless the role is identified as requiring vaccination at the time
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Social Development|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Category:||Communications, media, & marketing|
|Attachment:||lead-digital-communications-advisor-july-2022.docx (Word, 320KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.