Principal Policy Advisor - All-of-Government Cross Agency team at Ministry for Pacific Peoples, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Contract: Permanent - full time
We have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Policy Advisor to play a crucial part in helping support the Ministry for Pacific Peoples to influence better social policy outcomes for our Pacific communities.
Our Pacific values are our anchor, and this role will ensure that core policy development right across government is coherent and aligned to the needs, aspirations, and collective wellbeing of Pacific peoples.
As Principal Policy Advisor you will lead key policy projects and initiatives and provide professional leadership to the policy programme, including the delivery of high quality, policy advice and development – holding the pen on cabinet papers and managing cabinet paper processes into the Ministers office.
What you will do
- Provide strategic policy advice by analysing policy issues within the programmes, particularly around Health and Well-being
- Bring professional leadership to the work you do through strong collaboration across the Policy teams, and externally to ensure the Minister's policy is promoted across the sector.
- Deliver against policy projects that support current issues and priorities – tracking results and providing quality updates to the Manager, Director and wider Policy team.
- Building a strong network of stakeholders from across government, not-for-profit, community groups and industry sectors, particularly across the health sector.
With strong written and verbal communication skills, you will need to be able to communicate the Ministries positions clearly and effectively in briefings, consultation submissions, and policy reports.
As seasoned Principal Policy Advisor you will also bring:
- A proven successful record of researching, developing, managing, and delivering policy advice at a senior level – with a strategic focus and execution.
- Working experience in a strategic policy role ideally accompanied with tertiary qualification in a related field (e.g public policy).
- Strong and well demonstrated knowledge of New Zealand government policy priorities and how these apply to the Ministry's vision and goals.
- Solid network of central and local New Zealand government agencies – established working relationships with senior policy peers to enable collaborative policy outcomes.
Why work with us?
We offer attractive employment benefits including market salary, healthcare insurance, flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies. Whilst the work is challenging, you will be rewarded by contributing to positive outcomes with a focus on better outcomes for our Pacific People.
Our Organisation - Ministry for Pacific Peoples (MPP)
We recognise that diversity, inclusion, and accessibility is important to our business. We embrace the unique perspective and capabilities of our current and future employees, which will help us continue to drive innovation for our Pacific People and achieve our Lalanga Fou goals. Our culture enables us to create an environment of involvement, respect, and connection with the communities where we work - benefitting individual employees and our Pacific People across New Zealand.
Interested? - How to apply
Please complete an online application form through our careers site at www.mpp.govt.nz. If you would like more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position title and ref: 985738-22 in the subject line.
Closing date: 4 December 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry for Pacific Peoples|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Policy & analysis|
|Attachment:||Principal Policy Advisor Cross Agency - October 2022.pdf (PDF, 330KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.