Technology People Leader at Ministry of Social Development, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The Ministry of Social Development is a people-centred organisation. We're in communities across the motu, working with partners to help New Zealanders be safe, strong and independent.
We provide social policy and advice to government and assistance, including income, employment and housing support to people of all ages, families, whānau and communities.
As a Te Tiriti o Waitangi partner we are committed to supporting and enabling Māori, whānau, hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
Our people are as diverse as the communities we serve. We care about the wellbeing and success of our people and provide a supportive and inclusive working environment where people can thrive and be who they are.
Technology People Leader
12 months fixed term opportunity
Wellington and Auckland based
As a Technology People Leader you will lead and support a diverse team of people with a broad range of skills and experience, focusing on their development and wellbeing and ensuring they get the support they require to enable business objectives to be met.
You will be responsible for
- Coaching, mentoring, and supporting people to reach their potential
- Leading recruitment, on-boarding, and induction
- Collaborating with other People Leaders and Technology Delivery Leads to develop people plans
- Playing an active role in shaping culture
- Financial budgeting and forecasting
- Leading and facilitating performance improvement processes for individuals
- Supporting people's safety, welfare, and health
- Successful leadership of large teams in a complex environment
- An understanding of people policies and the New Zealand Employment Relations environment
- Experience in end-to-end recruitment
- Skills in coaching, mentoring and managing all levels of performance and behaviours
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability in building relationships and negotiating constructive outcomes in complex environments with competing priorities
- An understanding of technology capabilities and how they work together to deliver value
- Well developed change management skills
- Proven ability to build an effective team culture
We are an organisation that has people at the centre of our work . At MSD we understand that our people do their best, when they can be their best and we're committed to fostering a work culture that is diverse, inclusive, and supportive.
You will work for an organisation that really makes a difference for New Zealanders, while having the opportunity to develop your career through mentoring, professional development and on-the-job training.
You will also have access to the following benefits
- Health insurance
- Vision care
- Study assistance
- Qualification programmes
- Learning and development
- Te Ao Māori
If you want to be part of a team that is all about helping to build successful individuals, and in turn building strong, healthy families and communities then we would love to hear from you.
We are interested to hear why you would make a great Technology People Leader!
Manaaki Tangata, Manaaki Whānau
To support our people's professional development, we're implementing the SFIA capability framework. This includes translating our Position Descriptions to align with the framework. We'll keep you informed of any updates to this Position Description during the recruitment process.
Salary range: $85,749.00 - $128,623.00
How to apply
To apply, click the 'Apply Now' button to upload your CV, cover letter and complete the online application form.
Note: Your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the key responsibilities listed in the position description.
All applications must be made online. If this is not possible or if you have any queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal MSD Employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
Closing date: Sunday the 27th November 2022
Joining MSD means being part of a whānau that celebrates the diversity each individual represents. We show manaaki, we care about the wellbeing and success of people and want everyone to thrive, and be who they are in a supportive and inclusive working environment. We work together to make a difference for communities while doing the right thing with integrity. We are a Treaty partner committed to strengthening relationships with Māori, Hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so we can assist you through the recruitment process.
MSD has a COVID-19 vaccination policy that encourages, but does not require, employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and its variants, unless the role is identified as requiring vaccination at the time.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Social Development|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||technology-people-leader-sep20.pdf (PDF, 184KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.