Senior Cyber Security Detection Engineer at Inland Revenue Te Tari Taake, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō mātou - About us
Te Tari Taake 'Inland Revenue' plays a critical role in improving the economic and social wellbeing of Aotearoa 'New Zealand'. We do this by collecting and distributing money - we collect 80% of the Crown's revenue and distribute social support payments.
We are committed to keeping to the Treaty of Waitangi's guiding principles in our work for and with Māori customers and our employees, their whānau, hapū and iwi.
Also important to us is how we work - our organisation continues to develop a culture which is customer-centric, intelligence-led, agile, and inclusive. We offer flexible work practices where you'll be encouraged to innovate and prioritise your professional development to achieve your career goals.
Mō te roopu - About the team
Enterprise Services is an organisation-wide function that supports our people to operate efficiently and safely, by providing seamless, integrated end-to-end services. The Cyber Security team is there to protect the organisation from cyber threats and provide guidance across services.
Mō te tūnga - About the role
Reporting to the Service Owner Cyber Security Operations, this role shares the critical responsibility of managing cyber threats and supporting the development of our security capabilities
You will also proactively monitor a wide range of sources to identify and investigate potential cyber threats to IR and implement detections to stop adversaries.
In this varied role you will:
- drive improvements across detection analytics and automated response processes
- support operational procedures and processes
- advise on security policies and standards and proactively identify and manage security incidents
- maintain a deep understanding of threat actor groups, campaigns and tactics, techniques, and procedures
- work with government contacts to promote bi-directional sharing of cyber intelligence reports
- provide technical and architectural guidance for operational cyber security matters.
Mōu - About you
The role presents an opportunity to lead the next stage of our investment and set the standard for detection engineering. We are looking for a motivated professional with technical skills to analyse intrusions and detections in order to improve the detection capability and effectiveness of our response processes.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- experience working and querying SIEM tools
- proven experience in engineering event detection and response tuning
- knowledge of MITRE ATT&CK framework
- understanding of adversarial techniques and be able to translate these to detections
- understanding of threat analysis and enterprise-level mitigation strategies
- been an effective mentor, leveraging your expertise to improve our security capabilities
- the ability to naturally create and maintain effective relationships with key internal stakeholders and external partners to deliver quality outcomes.
This is a business-critical role requiring a well organised high performer who is curious, forward thinking and a great team player.
Tono mai - Apply here
Does this sound like you? Have we piqued your interest? Please apply online with your CV and cover letter, and feel free to contact IRDCareers@ird.govt.nz if you have any questions. Like you, we pride ourselves on our friendly and informative communications, so do not hesitate to get in touch.
We have trust and integrity - we innovate to make a difference - we value people - we work together.
We're offering great flexibility, support and development opportunities unique to you and your aspirations so that you can bring your whole self to work and thrive with us.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Inland Revenue Te Tari Taake|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Information / Records Management|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.