Change Management Coordinator at Ministry of Social Development, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The Ministry of Social Development is a people-centred organisation. We're in communities across the motu, working with partners to help New Zealanders be safe, strong and independent.
We provide social policy and advice to government and assistance, including income, employment and housing support to people of all ages, families, whānau and communities.
As a Te Tiriti o Waitangi partner we are committed to supporting and enabling Māori, whānau, hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
Our people are as diverse as the communities we serve. We care about the wellbeing and success of our people and provide a supportive and inclusive working environment where people can thrive and be who they are.
We currently have a permanent position for an IT Change Management Co-Ordinator.
This position holds responsibility for coordinating and managing IT change processes across the business, so that the desired business outcomes are achieved with minimum disruption.
A core component of the role will involve developing/managing strong relationships between all of the IT groups, the business and vendors, to ensure all parties involved are kept informed of all change implications.
In addition, you will be involved in the Change Advisory Board process on a weekly basis.
What the role is about
- Receive and log change requests, ensuring that approval processes are completed prior to implementation
- Maintain a centralised database of all changes occurring within the business in order to coordinate and manage these changes effectively
- Confirm changes have been tested before being distributed
- Liaise with stakeholders to change to ensure smooth implementation of change
- Escalate change issues to management as and when required
- Coordinate and ensure on-site change processes are managed effectively carried out to completion
- Provide a quality assurance service on changes and follow up on issues if required
- Maintain awareness across the Business of up-and-coming change projects
Experience required to be successful within the role
- Experience working in a large IT environment/infrastructure.
- Proven experience in Change Management practises
- Understanding of Change Management Approaches
- Excellent oral and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated customer service commitment and networking and business relationship management
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Ability to learn new systems and software
- ITIL qualification desirable
Key attributes you will bring with you
- Good communication skills
- Flexible, adaptable and pragmatic
- Strong client focus
- Previous experience in exercising sound judgement and political sensitivity
Salary range: $68,856.00 - $84,158.00
How to apply
To apply, click the 'Apply Now' button to upload your CV, cover letter and complete the online application form.
Note: Your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the key responsibilities listed in the position description.
All applications must be made online. If this is not possible or if you have any queries, please contact us at email@example.com
Internal MSD Employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
Closing date: Sunday the 4th December 2022
Joining MSD means being part of a whānau that celebrates the diversity each individual represents. We show manaaki, we care about the wellbeing and success of people and want everyone to thrive, and be who they are in a supportive and inclusive working environment. We work together to make a difference for communities while doing the right thing with integrity. We are a Treaty partner committed to strengthening relationships with Māori, Hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so we can assist you through the recruitment process.
MSD has a COVID-19 vaccination policy that encourages, but does not require, employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and its variants, unless the role is identified as requiring vaccination at the time.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Social Development|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||change-management-coordinator-feb22.docx (Word, 185KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.