Technical Support Analyst at Ministry of Social Development, Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The Ministry of Social Development is a people-centred organisation. We're in communities across the motu, working with partners to help New Zealanders be safe, strong and independent.
We provide social policy and advice to government and assistance, including income, employment and housing support to people of all ages, families, whānau and communities.
As a Te Tiriti o Waitangi partner we are committed to supporting and enabling Māori, whānau, hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
Our people are as diverse as the communities we serve. We care about the wellbeing and success of our people and provide a supportive and inclusive working environment where people can thrive and be who they are.
Within our IT Customer Services team, we have a permanent opportunity for a Technical Support Analyst to join our team based in Hamilton.
Within this role, you will deliver exemplary customer service using current tools, standards, and practices.
Be a technology advocate, keeping up to date of the changing world of personal computing technology, and using that information to provide better support and consulting services.
In addition to this you will
- Take ownership of incidents and work requests to ensure the best possible outcome for the customer
- Build strong professional relationships with the team's customers assuring that the customer knows that their incident or request is being progressed. Not letting go until the customer has an appropriate resolution
We are looking for someone who has
- Excellent communications skills with demonstrated customer focus
- Good understanding of existing IT systems and how effective user support operates e.g.: Windows 7, MS Office 2010, Active Directory, MS Exchange, Symantec Management Suite
- Thorough knowledge of mobile, wireless, desk-top and telephony technologies. e.g.: Airwatch, MDM, iOS, Cisco AnyConnect
- Our team's focus is on the customer so you will have a proactive 'can-do' attitude and be someone who can deliver solutions to problems within a timely manner
- Takes ownership for your workload with a focus on delivering successful results to customers
If this sounds like you, please apply below
Salary range: $59,400.00 - $72,600.00
How to apply
To apply, click the 'Apply Now' button to upload your CV, cover letter and complete the online application form.
Note: Your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the key responsibilities listed in the position description.
All applications must be made online. If this is not possible or if you have any queries, please contact us at email@example.com
Internal MSD Employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
Closing date: Wednesday the 7th December 2022
Joining MSD means being part of a whānau that celebrates the diversity each individual represents. We show manaaki, we care about the wellbeing and success of people and want everyone to thrive, and be who they are in a supportive and inclusive working environment. We work together to make a difference for communities while doing the right thing with integrity. We are a Treaty partner committed to strengthening relationships with Māori, Hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so we can assist you through the recruitment process.
MSD has a COVID-19 vaccination policy that encourages, but does not require, employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and its variants, unless the role is identified as requiring vaccination at the time.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Social Development|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||technical-support-analyst-pd-jun-21.docx (Word, 184KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.