Jobs and Skills Hub Operations Manager at Ministry of Social Development, Hawkes Bay
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The Ministry of Social Development is a people-centred organisation. We're in communities across the motu, working with partners to help New Zealanders be safe, strong and independent.
We provide social policy and advice to government and assistance, including income, employment and housing support to people of all ages, families, whānau and communities.
As a Te Tiriti o Waitangi partner we are committed to supporting and enabling Māori, whānau, hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
Our people are as diverse as the communities we serve. We care about the wellbeing and success of our people and provide a supportive and inclusive working environment where people can thrive and be who they are.
Jobs and Skills Hub Operations Manager
2x Full Time, Permanent
Location – Hastings and Lower Hutt
Overview of positions
We have opportunities for experienced people leaders to lead the Jobs and Skills Hub as Operations Managers in Hastings and in Lower Hutt.
The Hubs are a one-stop, no-cost recruitment, and training facilitation service to support the country's construction and infrastructure sectors.
Hubs support major construction projects that create employment and skills development opportunities for communities.
Our purpose is to drive a rapid and sustainable shift that delivers the right people, at the right time, with the right skills, to meet New Zealand's current and future construction needs.
As operations manager you will lead your team to do this mahi. You will create a culture of innovation and collaboration within your team to achieve sustainable employment outcomes.
You will partner with industry and other like-minded stakeholders to leverage opportunities that can create solutions that contribute to this purpose.
You will also
- Create and support a team culture that is customer focused, proactive, and consistent with the values of the Ministry.
- Be a driver of high performance, promote self-management and support innovative solutions.
- Establish strong partnerships with the local community to successfully connect job seekers with employment and up-skilling opportunities.
- Build enduring relationships with iwi and deliver on MSD's Treaty partner commitment to Māori.
You will have
- A clear understanding of the challenges that employers and jobseekers experience in the labour market
- An understanding and application of Tikanga Māori and Mātauranga Māori
- A comprehensive understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles
- Experience with people leadership and operational management functions in a complex environment / business unit / organisation.
- Experience in leading, coaching, and mentoring others to achieve results and personal growth
- Experience in developing and maintaining key networks and relationships with stakeholders, including other Government agencies, and in being able to navigate through complex political environments to promote the organisation
A full Driver's License is required.
Salary range: $100,014.00 - $150,022.00
How to apply
To apply, click the 'Apply Now' button to upload your CV, cover letter and complete the online application form.
Note: Your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the key responsibilities listed in the position description.
All applications must be made online. If this is not possible or if you have any queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal MSD Employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
Closing date: 4 December 2022
Joining MSD means being part of a whānau that celebrates the diversity each individual represents. We show manaaki, we care about the wellbeing and success of people and want everyone to thrive, and be who they are in a supportive and inclusive working environment. We work together to make a difference for communities while doing the right thing with integrity. We are a Treaty partner committed to strengthening relationships with Māori, Hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so we can assist you through the recruitment process.
MSD has a COVID-19 vaccination policy that encourages, but does not require, employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and its variants, unless the role is identified as requiring vaccination at the time.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Social Development|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||job-and-skills-hub-operations-manager-nov-2022.docx (Word, 193KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.