Manager Modelling and System Analytics at Ministry of Social Development, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The Ministry of Social Development is a people-centred organisation. We're in communities across the motu, working with partners to help New Zealanders be safe, strong and independent.
We provide social policy and advice to government and assistance, including income, employment and housing support to people of all ages, families, whānau and communities.
As a Te Tiriti o Waitangi partner we are committed to supporting and enabling Māori, whānau, hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
Our people are as diverse as the communities we serve. We care about the wellbeing and success of our people and provide a supportive and inclusive working environment where people can thrive and be who they are.
Manager Modelling and System Analytics
Location: National Office, Wellington
- Business critical leadership position
- Opportunity to lead a team of data scientists, actuaries, and analytical specialists to deliver insights and advanced analytical solutions to support strategic priorities and investment decisions at MSD
- Help MSD and the wider social sector better understand vulnerable New Zealanders and support the Ministry's objectives
Do you enjoy the challenge of working in a large and complex organisation, making connections, and finding where to focus your team's efforts to have the most impact? We are looking for an experienced, thoughtful leader to drive change and empower a team of experts to perform at their best.
The Strategy and Insights group is responsible for MSDs strategy and direction, and developing insights and evidence to improve organisational performance, decision-making, and investment outcomes.
About the Role
The Manager Modelling and System Analytics will be responsible for leading and developing a team of data scientists, actuaries and analytical specialists to deliver solutions and insights drawn from the Integrated Data Infrastructure (IDI), MSDs administrative data and other social sector sources that support the Ministry's objectives.
Your role will be integral to the success of the group and will require you to develop strategic relationships across MSD and wider government to identify opportunities and ensure the teams analytical solutions are leading to better outcomes for New Zealanders.
Other accountabilities include:
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive and robust work programme
- Oversee the team's delivery of solutions and products ensuring they contribute to MSDs objectives
- Building team capability to meet the current and future requirements
- Working alongside a supportive wider leadership team to be promote a culture of high performance and support the delivery of cross-functional initiatives
Who are you?
We are looking for people who have the following experience:
- Developing and managing high performing teams, with a focus on fostering a supportive team culture
- Overseeing the delivery of high-quality evidence, intelligence and advice that lead to actionable outcomes
- Maintaining relationships at all levels of the organisation including senior leadership to ensure the team is focused on the right priorities
- An understanding of the machinery of government including procurement processes
- An appropriate tertiary qualification or considerable, relevant practical experience
If this opportunity appeals to you, do not hesitate, apply now!
How to apply
To apply, click the 'Apply Now' button to upload your CV, cover letter and complete the online application form.
Note: Your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the key responsibilities listed in the position description.
All applications must be made online. If this is not possible or if you have any queries, please contact us at email@example.com
Internal MSD Employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
Closing date: 5th December 2022
Joining MSD means being part of a whānau that celebrates the diversity each individual represents. We show manaaki, we care about the wellbeing and success of people and want everyone to thrive, and be who they are in a supportive and inclusive working environment. We work together to make a difference for communities while doing the right thing with integrity. We are a Treaty partner committed to strengthening relationships with Māori, Hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so we can assist you through the recruitment process.
MSD has a COVID-19 vaccination policy that encourages, but does not require, employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and its variants, unless the role is identified as requiring vaccination at the time.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Social Development|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||manager-modelling-and-system-analytics-august-2020.docx (Word, 719KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.