Senior Test Engineer at Ministry of Social Development, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The Ministry of Social Development is a people-centred organisation. We're in communities across the motu, working with partners to help New Zealanders be safe, strong and independent.
We provide social policy and advice to government and assistance, including income, employment and housing support to people of all ages, families, whānau and communities.
As a Te Tiriti o Waitangi partner we are committed to supporting and enabling Māori, whānau, hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
Our people are as diverse as the communities we serve. We care about the wellbeing and success of our people and provide a supportive and inclusive working environment where people can thrive and be who they are.
Working in an Agile environment we are continuing our journey and are actively promoting agility right throughout the Ministry.
To enable the Ministry to better help New Zealanders who need our support, we are experiencing rapid growth in our IT area to ensure solutions can be delivered to our front line and our clients quickly.
About the role
MSD is looking for a new team member to become a Performance Engineer to work with the Performance and APM team.
The team is expanding their workforces and seeking a professional with solid years of experience as a Performance Engineer, who is energetic, self-motivated, talented and passionate about statistics, who can optimize, pivot and keep pace with the ever-evolving development roadmaps and applications, eager to further grow his/her engineering capabilities and being part of an awesome team and something bigger.
The required individual will be joining a team who are responsible for and primary representatives of the Performance testing within the Ministry. The recipient will be strongly contributing towards the Performance Strategy, planning, transitioning, collaboration, administration, maintenance, etc.
The role could expand in the future to support the existing DynaTrace AppMon solution and ensuring a successful DynaTrace implementation across the Ministry, by bridging the gap between DynaTrace and Infrastructure and Services (I&S).
An overview of your responsibilities
- In this role you will be conducting performance testing on projects as well as analysing performance results and finding areas of degradation
- You will be expected to deliver results of tests and performance improvement suggestions to stakeholders and troubleshoot these areas with relevant SME's where good communication and culture is key
Abilities and experience you will bring to the role
- Solid understanding of performance testing techniques and toolsets (e.g. JMeter, Gatling, LoadRunner, Neoload, Dynatrace)
- Performance Testing experience to guide the outcomes and ensure delivery of the Performance Testing Capability
- Application Performance Monitoring (APM) experience is a definite advantage
- Previous development or operations experience, where coding will be a big part our future
- Ability to troubleshoot problems found, from Development through to Operations
- Project management of assigned project engagements
- An understanding and grasp of DevOps, Continuous Delivery and Agile methods
- Understanding the business impact of performance, and how value in this role translates to value for the business
Salary range: $95,822.00 - $117,116.00
How to apply
To apply, click the 'Apply Now' button to upload your CV, cover letter and complete the online application form.
Note: Your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the key responsibilities listed in the position description.
All applications must be made online. If this is not possible or if you have any queries, please contact us at email@example.com
Internal MSD Employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
Closing date: Wednesday the 7th December 2022
Joining MSD means being part of a whānau that celebrates the diversity each individual represents. We show manaaki, we care about the wellbeing and success of people and want everyone to thrive, and be who they are in a supportive and inclusive working environment. We work together to make a difference for communities while doing the right thing with integrity. We are a Treaty partner committed to strengthening relationships with Māori, Hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so we can assist you through the recruitment process.
MSD has a COVID-19 vaccination policy that encourages, but does not require, employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and its variants, unless the role is identified as requiring vaccination at the time.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Social Development|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||test-engineer-tiered-oct-2020.docx (Word, 721KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.