Team Administrator at Ministry of Social Development, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The Ministry of Social Development is a people-centred organisation. We're in communities across the motu, working with partners to help New Zealanders be safe, strong and independent.
We provide social policy and advice to government and assistance, including income, employment and housing support to people of all ages, families, whānau and communities.
As a Te Tiriti o Waitangi partner we are committed to supporting and enabling Māori, whānau, hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
Our people are as diverse as the communities we serve. We care about the wellbeing and success of our people and provide a supportive and inclusive working environment where people can thrive and be who they are.
Team Administrator - 12 month fixed term or secondment opportunity
Based in Wellington or Auckland
- Multiple part time opportunities available
- Work for one of New Zealand's largest IT government department
- A great opportunity to develop your career within the IT space
- Work from home two days per week
If you are proactive, take ownership of your work and have a passion for helping others, then this opportunity may just be what you a looking for!
As a Team Administrator, you will work as part of a team that provides, develops, and maintains general administration services within the Improvement, Systems and Technology Group.
The tasks you will be responsible for will include
- Maintaining effective administration support services in a timely and accurate manner for our people leaders and other key managers where applicable
- Providing support for activities such as induction, on boarding, off boarding, recruitment and making travel arrangements
- Setting up and maintaining effective electronic and paper filing systems and procedures, and develop new systems as required to ensure quick access to information
- Co-ordinating meetings and writing meeting minutes
- Organising events including booking rooms, arranging catering, and coordinating invites and responses
- Participating in improvements of administrative support systems and internal procedures
- Working alongside the IST Administration team to proactively support each other and ensure deadlines are met
- Demonstrated experience undertaking general administrative tasks.
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced complex environment, whilst managing multiple responsibilities at any one time
- Attention to detail
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven experience in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook with the ability to easily pick up and learn new software
- The ability to easily build and maintain rapport with others and the ability to collaborate with a wide range of personalities and workstyles
- Knowledge of administration policies, processes, systems, and technology is desirable
We are an organisation that has people at the centre of our work. At MSD we understand that our people do to their best, when they can be their best and we're committed to fostering a work culture that is diverse, inclusive, and supportive.
You will work for an organisation that really makes a difference for New Zealanders, while having the opportunity to develop your career through mentoring, professional development and on-the-job training.
You will also have access to the following benefits
- Flexible working arrangement - Work from home two days per week
- Health insurance
- Vision care
- Study assistance
- Qualification programmes
- Learning and development
- Te Ao Māori
If you want be part of team that is committed to helping to build successful individuals and in turn building strong, healthy families and communities then we would love to hear from you.
Manaaki Tangata, Manaaki Whānau
Salary range: $50,110.00 - $59,590.00
How to apply
To apply, click the 'Apply Now' button to upload your CV, cover letter and complete the online application form.
Note: Your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the key responsibilities listed in the position description.
All applications must be made online. If this is not possible or if you have any queries, please contact us at email@example.com
Internal MSD Employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
Closing date: Tuesday 31st January 2023
Joining MSD means being part of a whānau that celebrates the diversity each individual represents. We show manaaki, we care about the wellbeing and success of people and want everyone to thrive, and be who they are in a supportive and inclusive working environment. We work together to make a difference for communities while doing the right thing with integrity. We are a Treaty partner committed to strengthening relationships with Māori, Hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so we can assist you through the recruitment process.
MSD has a COVID-19 vaccination policy that encourages, but does not require, employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and its variants, unless the role is identified as requiring vaccination at the time.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Social Development|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachment:||team-administrator-position-description-final.docx (Word, 715KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.