Manager Housing Insights - Wellington at Ministry of Social Development, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The Ministry of Social Development is a people-centred organisation. We're in communities across the motu, working with partners to help New Zealanders be safe, strong and independent.
We provide social policy and advice to government and assistance, including income, employment and housing support to people of all ages, families, whānau and communities.
As a Te Tiriti o Waitangi partner we are committed to supporting and enabling Māori, whānau, hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
Our people are as diverse as the communities we serve. We care about the wellbeing and success of our people and provide a supportive and inclusive working environment where people can thrive and be who they are.
Manager Housing Insights
- Location: National Office, Wellington
- Do you enjoy the challenge of working in a large and complex organisation, making connections, and finding where to focus your efforts to have the most impact?
- Have you got comprehensive knowledge of the housing sector?
- Do you see yourself having strong analytical ability, able to think strategically and promote change?
- We are looking for an experienced, thoughtful leader to empower a team of experts to perform at their best!
About MSD and the Team
MSD plays a critical role for New Zealand. The organisation's purpose is Manaaki tangata, Manaaki whanau – We help New Zealanders to be safe, strong, and independent.
This role sits within the Insights group which is responsible generating evidence and insights to improve the effectiveness of MSD delivery and decision-making.
About the Role
The Manager Housing Insights role leads and manages a team of specialists in developing timely and accurate housing information and insights.
The team works alongside our delivery and policy teams as well as our partners to provide high quality insights into what is happening in the housing system, to whom, and what we can do about it. These insights support MSDs short, medium, and long-term strategies in the housing system with a goal of creating better outcomes for vulnerable New Zealanders.
Other accountabilities include:
- Work with key stakeholders and partners to create and deliver a comprehensive and robust work programme.
- Work with the team to make recommendations on the housing system considering how it influences and is impacted by labour markets, employment, and other economic or social factors.
- Lead and develop the team taking into account the mix of skills and capabilities needed to deliver on the work programme and putting in place professional development plans to lift overall performance.
To be successful, you will have:
- Good understanding of the social housing system and comprehensive knowledge of how insights and analysis can support strategic and operational outcomes.
- Proven experience developing and managing high performing teams, with a focus on fostering a supportive team culture and promoting change.
- Prior experience managing the development and delivery of work programmes including finding creative ways to solve problems and lead change to improve outcomes.
- Ability to provide high quality advice on specialist issues of a complex and sensitive nature.
- An appropriate tertiary qualification or relevant practical experience
- A good understanding of the policy development process, and of parliamentary processes and the workings of legislation.
If you see yourself a right fit for this critical leadership opportunity or if this sounds like a good move for you, we like to hear from you – apply today!
Salary range: $100,014.00 - $150,022.00
How to apply
To apply, click the 'Apply Now' button to upload your CV, cover letter and complete the online application form.
Note: Your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the key responsibilities listed in the position description.
All applications must be made online. If this is not possible or if you have any queries, please contact us at email@example.com
Internal MSD Employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
Closing date: Thursday, 2nd February 2023
Joining MSD means being part of a whānau that celebrates the diversity each individual represents. We show manaaki, we care about the wellbeing and success of people and want everyone to thrive, and be who they are in a supportive and inclusive working environment. We work together to make a difference for communities while doing the right thing with integrity. We are a Treaty partner committed to strengthening relationships with Māori, Hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so we can assist you through the recruitment process.
MSD has a COVID-19 vaccination policy that encourages, but does not require, employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and its variants, unless the role is identified as requiring vaccination at the time.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Social Development|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||manager-housing-insights-august2022-v3.docx (Word, 191KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.