Principal Advisor Kaupapa Inquiries at Ministry of Social Development, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Principal Advisor Kaupapa Inquiries
- Varied, challenging and highly rewarding role
- Join a revitalised and exciting team!
- Permanent role, Wellington based
If you are looking for your next challenge and like working in a dynamic and busy environment, then this could be the role for you!
Tēnei tūranga - About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Advisor to join our Kaupapa Inquiry Programme team to work on the Ministry's response to Kaupapa Inquiries.
You will have the chance to lead and coordinate input from other teams across the Ministry, work with other agencies, and contribute to tactical and strategic thinking in this area of work.
Reporting to the Director Kaupapa Inquiries you will provide high-level strategic, operational and relationship advice and support to the senior management team, as well as the wider Kaupapa Inquiries team.
You will advise on several workstreams across the whole of MSD and will be part of a wider team contributing to the MSD Kaupapa Inquiry programme objectives and work plan.
He kōrero mōu | About you
To be considered for this role you will have:
- A tertiary qualification in law, policy, history, social sciences or a similar relevant degree
- Experience at a senior level in project and policy development and implementation processes
- Strong understanding of the machinery of Government, knowledge of government processes and direction
- Excellent relationship management and engagement skills – able to establish, build and maintain excellent networks with both internal and external stakeholders
- Great decision-making and influencing skills
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and Tribunal-related legislation and requirements
- Experience with core government processes and working across agencies, with experience in the Kaupapa Inquiries space an advantage
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of, and commitment to, Te Tiriti o Waitangi and Te Ao Māori
- Be a strong written and verbal communicator, with a highly collaborative approach
- Proficiency in tikanga Māori, mātauranga Māori and Te Reo would be advantageous
Join us! Help make a positive difference to the lives of New Zealanders.
Mō te tīma / About our team
Māori, Partnerships and Programmes Team
The Waitangi Tribunal is carrying out a comprehensive programme of Kaupapa Inquiries. These deal with nationally significant issues affecting Māori, which will require a whole of government response.
The Kaupapa Inquiries programme covers issues such as housing, health, mana wāhine, justice, military veterans, constitutional issues, and social services and social development.
MSD is participating, along with other agencies, in several Inquiries. We listen to the voice of claimants and provide evidence as a Crown agency.
The Ministry of Social Development is a people-centred organisation. We're in communities across the motu, working with partners to help New Zealanders be safe, strong and independent.
We provide social policy and advice to government and assistance, including income, employment and housing support to people of all ages, families, whānau and communities.
As a Te Tiriti o Waitangi partner we are committed to supporting and enabling Māori, whānau, hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
Our people are as diverse as the communities we serve. We care about the wellbeing and success of our people and provide a supportive and inclusive working environment where people can thrive and be who they are.
How to apply
To apply, click the 'Apply Now' button to upload your CV, cover letter and complete the online application form.
Note: Your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the key responsibilities listed in the position description.
All applications must be made online. If this is not possible or if you have any queries, please contact us at email@example.com
Internal MSD Employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
Closing date: Friday, 10th February 2023
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Social Development|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Social, welfare & community|
|Attachment:||principal-advisor-kaupapa-inquiries-sep-2021.docx (Word, 191KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.