General Manager Technology Supplier Relationships at Ministry of Social Development, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The Ministry of Social Development is a people-centred organisation. We're in communities across the motu, working with partners to help New Zealanders be safe, strong and independent.
We provide social policy and advice to government and assistance, including income, employment and housing support to people of all ages, families, whānau and communities.
As a Te Tiriti o Waitangi partner we are committed to supporting and enabling Māori, whānau, hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
Our people are as diverse as the communities we serve. We care about the wellbeing and success of our people and provide a supportive and inclusive working environment where people can thrive and be who they are.
General Manager Technology Supplier Relationships
- Contribute to meaningful work whilst making a positive impact to New Zealanders nation wide
- Be the driver behind improving strategic supplier relationships relating to technology services
- Wellington based
To support the Ministry's purpose and drive effective delivery at an exciting time for the sector.
The Improvement Systems and Technology team are seeking a collaborative and motivated General Manager Technology Suppler Relationships to become part of their team.
You will work closely with the Group General Manager of Improvement Systems and Technology and MSD's Procurement and Commercial Services team. You will lead the strategic management of technology suppliers with the purpose of delivering high value outcomes and engagements that will benefit MSD's goals during an exciting transformational time.
To be successful in this role, you will bring previous experience in
- the implementation of sourcing strategies
- establishing trusted partnerships to help foster successful outcomes
- communicating a strategic management approach and timetables to both internal and external stakeholders
- core technology infrastructure, ie. IT service management, workplace, security, cloud as well as emerging technologies
- commercial risk management at a high-level state
- dealing with complexity
Key requirements of the role
- lead the strategic management of technology suppliers
- align the technology strategy to commercial roadmaps with the purpose of delivering high value outcomes
- establish a technology partnership framework to build trusted relationships with a strategic focus around value and results
- work alongside the Procurement and Commercial Services team to embed appropriate governance to manage technology suppliers through the supplier lifecycle
- maintain a souring strategy that aligns organisational actions, plans and resources with business outcomes
What we offer
- the chance to use your professional skills to improve the lives of New Zealanders
- a large and complex environment with a variety of challenging problems for you to solve
- a highly engaged and supportive leadership team
- flexible working arrangements and competitive remuneration
- a workplace culture that promotes wellbeing, collaboration and belonging
Salary range: $166,001.00 - $249,001.00
How to apply
To apply, click the 'Apply Now' button to upload your CV, cover letter and complete the online application form.
Note: Your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the key responsibilities listed in the position description.
All applications must be made online. If this is not possible or if you have any queries, please contact us at email@example.com
Internal MSD Employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
Closing date: Sunday the 19th February 2023
Joining MSD means being part of a whānau that celebrates the diversity each individual represents. We show manaaki, we care about the wellbeing and success of people and want everyone to thrive, and be who they are in a supportive and inclusive working environment. We work together to make a difference for communities while doing the right thing with integrity. We are a Treaty partner committed to strengthening relationships with Māori, Hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so we can assist you through the recruitment process.
MSD has a COVID-19 vaccination policy that encourages, but does not require, employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and its variants, unless the role is identified as requiring vaccination at the time.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Social Development|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||general-manager-technology-supplier-relationships-pd-dec22.docx (Word, 288KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.