Scrum Lead at Ministry of Social Development, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The Ministry of Social Development is a people-centred organisation. We're in communities across the motu, working with partners to help New Zealanders be safe, strong and independent.
We provide social policy and advice to government and assistance, including income, employment and housing support to people of all ages, families, whānau and communities.
As a Te Tiriti o Waitangi partner we are committed to supporting and enabling Māori, whānau, hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
Our people are as diverse as the communities we serve. We care about the wellbeing and success of our people and provide a supportive and inclusive working environment where people can thrive and be who they are.
- A role with variety across our software and delivery portfolios
- Contribute to meaningful work whilst making a positive impact to New Zealanders nation wide
- Wellington based with flexible working arrangements
The Scrum Lead is a leader for Agile standing teams and supports one or more cross-functional teams to maximise the value created by the team ensuring the team models Agile culture and efficiency.
This position is responsible for empowering the team to become self-organising and supporting team culture and wellbeing.
The Scrum Lead supports the Technical Product Owners and Technical Product Managers by ensuring goals, product vision and Roadmap are understood by everyone in the team and coaches the team on Agile practices and values to meet customer needs.
- Coach teams in Agile practices, ensuring they are aware of their respective roles and how to fulfil them and that they understand the business goals and Roadmap
- Organise and facilitate all team events, knowing whether to be supportive or directive in any given situation
- Participate in all wider organisational ceremonies e.g. Scrum of scrum meetings. • Collaborate with other stakeholders to enable the teams to deliver value, including the escalation of issues where necessary
- Protect teams from external disruptions and pressure, ensuring they can focus on delivery
- Work with the teams, and relevant stakeholders where necessary, to identify and mitigate potential risks and impediments
- Collaborate with the Technology People Leaders to ensure the teams are resourced for efficient delivery
- Support the Release Train Engineers with key delivery metrics
- Build the capability of the team members to enable them to respond to changing demands to keep activities running smoothly
- Give considered, direct and real time feedback to individuals and the Technology People Leaders to support individuals in their development, learning and continual improvement
- Foster a safe and trusting environment where team members are enabled and inspired to work collaboratively to support high team performance
- Identify the necessary skills required in the team and collaborate with the Technology People Leaders to support appropriate development of individuals
- Previous experience as a Scrum Lead / Scrum Master
- Strong experience in Agile methodologies
- Demonstrated experience in agile software development delivery or other relevant experience
- Excellent facilitation and collaboration skills
- Experience in leading communication to technical or business audiences
- Experience with influencing and motivating teams
- Excellent relationship building and management
- Career opportunities
It is an exciting time to join the Ministry, with technology modernisation and a complex, rewarding transformation kicking off. The team is truly collaborative and passionate about the part that IST plays in delivering MSD's purpose.
You will also have access to the following benefits
You will work for an organisation that really makes a difference for New Zealanders, while having the opportunity to develop your career through mentoring, professional development and on-the-job training.
- Health Insurance
- Vision Care
- Kiwi Saver
- Learning and Development
- Study Assistance
- Te Ao Māori development
- Wellbeing Payment policy
- Employee Led network
- Mentoring programme
To support our people's professional development, we're implementing the SFIA capability framework. This includes translating our Position Descriptions to align with the framework. We'll keep you informed of any updates to this Position Description during the recruitment process.
Salary range: $110,952.00 - $135,608.00
How to apply
To apply, click the 'Apply Now' button to upload your CV, cover letter and complete the online application form.
Note: Your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the key responsibilities listed in the position description.
All applications must be made online. If this is not possible or if you have any queries, please contact us at email@example.com
Internal MSD Employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
Closing date: Tuesday the 28th March 2023
Joining MSD means being part of a whānau that celebrates the diversity each individual represents. We show manaaki, we care about the wellbeing and success of people and want everyone to thrive, and be who they are in a supportive and inclusive working environment. We work together to make a difference for communities while doing the right thing with integrity. We are a Treaty partner committed to strengthening relationships with Māori, Hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so we can assist you through the recruitment process.
MSD has a COVID-19 vaccination policy that encourages, but does not require, employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and its variants, unless the role is identified as requiring vaccination at the time.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Social Development|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||scrum-lead-sep-2020.pdf (PDF, 182KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.