Customer Service Representative Dunedin Contact Centre at Ministry of Social Development, Otago
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Ministry of Social Development
- Multiple Full time, permanent positions available
- Start date: 08 May 2023
- Starting Salary: $54,707
- Annual pay progressions every October
If you are looking for an opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of New Zealanders, this is the role for you.
We are a high energy, whanau focused, and supportive team working together to uplift and provide mana enhancing assistance to our vulnerable clients. You will be the first point of contact for our clients and provide phone-based support to a range of people with various backgrounds, ages and situations providing them with assistance, tools, and support to access our services.
As a Customer Service Representative here at the Ministry of Social Development, you will be placed at the forefront of peoples' lives. This will require you to lead with empathy and understanding to help navigate a range of queries. You will be responsible and involved in making important decisions to ensure positive outcomes for our clients.
Our comprehensive training approach will equip you to confidently work with clients, primarily through inbound calls. What you do makes a difference. To ensure success in this role we are looking for individuals with the following skills and attributes:
- You enjoy quality conversations and are able to understand and show empathy to our client's complex needs using effective communication and questioning techniques
- Adaptable, resilient, and can work well under pressure
- Experience is working on different computer programmes
- Demonstrate experience using technology to solve problems
- An eagerness to learn and a desire for self-improvement and development
- You work efficiently, accurately and can make good, sound decisions
- Flexible with hours and the ability to adapt to new circumstances as they arise
- Annual pay progression
- $400 Vision care subsidy service towards your costs of eye tests, glasses and contact lenses
- Generous family leave provisions
- Accident insurance coverage for MSD staff
- Capability development framework to support your career aspirations with us
- Staff discount on Southern Cross Health Insurance
- Lots of practical wellbeing support through Poutuarā - peer support, Employee Assistance Programme as our vision is to have a workplace where everyone has a sense of purpose
Hours of work
Our current operating hours are 7.00am – 6.15pm
You will be rostered for 37 hours and 55 minutes per week, although you are paid for 40 hours
- Monday-Friday 6:30am to 10:00pm, however our current operating hours are 7.00am-6.15pm
- Saturdays between 8:00am to 2:00pm.
We work on a no surprises basis and will ensure that you will know your scheduled shifts well in advance.
Key recruitment information
To ensure that we are able to start our successful candidates on the 08 May 2023, we are working towards the following key dates.
- Applications close 29 March 2023 - we unfortunately cannot accept late applications.
- We are shortlisting as we receive applications, we will keep you updated about your application so please ensure you are contactable via phone and email.
- Our recruitment process includes video assessment, interview, reference and integrity checks.
- Interviews will be held between 27 March and 31 March
- Confirmed Start Date: 08 May 2023
Candidates must hold NZ Citizenship or a Permanent Resident visa at time of application.
How to apply
Please upload your current CV along and in place of a Cover Letter, you will be prompted to answer the following questions in your application form.
- Describe a time where you provided customer service that created a positive experience for a customer?
- Tell us what you think some key factors are for communicating effectively on the phone.
Salary range: $54,707.00 - $66,864.00
Joining MSD means being part of a whānau that celebrates the diversity each individual represents. We show manaaki, we care about the wellbeing and success of people and want everyone to thrive, and be who they are in a supportive and inclusive working environment. We work together to make a difference for communities while doing the right thing with integrity. We are a Treaty partner committed to strengthening relationships with Māori, Hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so we can assist you through the recruitment process
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Social Development|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||customer-service-representative-march-2021.docx (Word, 315KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.