Senior Business Analyst at Ministry of Social Development, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The Ministry of Social Development is a people-centred organisation. We're in communities across the motu, working with partners to help New Zealanders be safe, strong and independent.
We provide social policy and advice to government and assistance, including income, employment and housing support to people of all ages, families, whānau and communities.
As a Te Tiriti o Waitangi partner we are committed to supporting and enabling Māori, whānau, hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
Our people are as diverse as the communities we serve. We care about the wellbeing and success of our people and provide a supportive and inclusive working environment where people can thrive and be who they are.
Senior Business Analyst
About the role
To support the Ministry's purpose and drive effective delivery at this exciting time for the sector, the IST team are seeking experienced, tech savvy Business Analysts to join their team.
As a Senior Business Analyst, you will provide quality advice and skills to enable an effective transfer of business requirements to support applications across the technology space. You will also work with across the IT Group and with vendors to ensure that all activity across the system development life-cycle is co-ordinated and focused on value-add delivery and post-production support, as well as establishing, leading and supporting projects.
- Participate in and lead projects and streams of work
- Manage relationships with vendors
- Mentor other Business Analysts in the group
- Document, analyse and elicit requirements from the business, capturing needs effectively
- Provide UAT support, negotiating acceptance criteria, liaising with the test and development teams
- Provide post implementation support, managing production issues and providing 2nd and 3rd level support
- Facilitate strong communication channels between the team and key IT and business contacts
- Proven experience in a business analyst role. Relevant qualifications desirable
- Strong understanding of technology solutions within the business environment in general – ideally you will come from a technology background
- Demonstrated success in building and maintaining positive working relationships
- Proven capability for critical thinking in the analysis of requirements and development of solutions
- Ability to adapt to Agile, and hybrid delivery methods with proven expertise in Jira and Confluence.
- Knowledgeable in the use of UML and specifically in the preparation of use cases
- Excellent communication skills with a collaborative working style
- Ability to influence, be proactive and negotiate to reach outcomes
- Ability and interest to mentor other team members
It's an exciting time to join the Ministry, with technology modernisation and a complex, rewarding transformation kicking off. The team is truly collaborative and passionate about the part that IST plays in delivering MSD's purpose.
You will work for an organisation that really makes a difference for New Zealanders, while having the opportunity to develop your career through mentoring, professional development and on-the-job training. You will also have access to the following benefits;
- Health insurance
- Vision care
- Banking packages
- Study assistance
- Qualification programmes
- Learning and development
- Te Ao Māori
Salary range: $102,348.00 - $124,203.00
How to apply
Click on Senior Business Analyst (robertwalters.co.nz) to direct you to the Robert Walters website and upload your CV, Cover Letter to complete your online application.
Please note DO NOT apply through the 'apply button' located at the top of the page.
Note: Your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the key responsibilities listed in the position description.
Robert Walters is working in partnership with the Ministry of Social Development for the recruitment of selected roles within Improvement Systems and Technology.
Robert Walters will be the primary channel communication for all internal and external candidates on behalf of the MSD Recruitment team.
Internal MSD Employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
Joining MSD means being part of a whānau that celebrates the diversity each individual represents. We show manaaki, we care about the wellbeing and success of people and want everyone to thrive, and be who they are in a supportive and inclusive working environment. We work together to make a difference for communities while doing the right thing with integrity. We are a Treaty partner committed to strengthening relationships with Māori, Hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so we can assist you through the recruitment process.
MSD has a COVID-19 vaccination policy that encourages, but does not require, employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and its variants, unless the role is identified as requiring vaccination at the time.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Social Development|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||senior-technical-business-analyst-dec-2022.pdf (PDF, 241KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.