Test Analyst at Ministry of Social Development, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The Ministry of Social Development is a people-centred organisation. We're in communities across the motu, working with partners to help New Zealanders be safe, strong and independent.
We provide social policy and advice to government and assistance, including income, employment and housing support to people of all ages, families, whānau and communities.
As a Te Tiriti o Waitangi partner we are committed to supporting and enabling Māori, whānau, hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
Our people are as diverse as the communities we serve. We care about the wellbeing and success of our people and provide a supportive and inclusive working environment where people can thrive and be who they are.
About the role
Test Analysts are practitioners and are accountable for ensuring adequate testing is performed to meet client expectations as defined in Test Plans, and within the constraints of the project schedule, cost, staffing, and test environments.
- Preparing, planning, and executing assigned test deliverables
- Ensuring risk and audit requirements are met
- Ensuring adherence to MSD test processes and methodologies
- Measuring and reporting on application quality
- Applying knowledge and skills to ensure timely delivery of scheduled work products
- Contributing to the successful operation of the IT Testing Services department
- Accept responsibility for creation of test cases using own in-depth technical analysis of both functional and non-functional specifications
- Produce test scripts, materials and regression test packs to test new and amended software or services
- Specify requirements for environment, data, resources and tools. Interprets, executes and documents complex test scripts using agreed methods and standards
- Record and analyses actions and results and maintains a defect register
- Review test results and modifies tests if necessary
- Provide reports on progress, anomalies, risks and issues associated with the overall project
- Report on system quality and collects metrics on test cases
- In depth exposure to various techniques used to analyse, prepare for, and execute tests. Sound practical knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Extensive knowledge of Defect and Release Management
- Extensive knowledge of the System Development Life Cycle
- Manual Testing
- Exposure to various types of testing
- Ability to effectively utilise tools for the development and maintenance of test deliverables
- In depth exposure to various techniques used to analyse, prepare for, and execute tests
It's an exciting time to join the Ministry, with technology modernisation and a complex, rewarding transformation kicking off. The team is truly collaborative and passionate about the part that IST plays in delivering MSD's purpose.
You will work for an organisation that really makes a difference for New Zealanders, while having the opportunity to develop your career through mentoring, professional development and on-the-job training. You will also have access to the following benefits;
- Health insurance
- Vision care
- Banking packages
- Study assistance
- Qualification programmes
- Learning and development
- Te Ao Māori
Salary range: $72,856.00 - $88,158.00
How to apply
Click on Test Analyst (robertwalters.co.nz) to direct you to the Robert Walters website and upload your CV, Cover Letter to complete your online application.
Please note DO NOT apply through the 'apply button' located at the top of the page.
Note: Your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the key responsibilities listed in the position description.
Robert Walters is working in partnership with the Ministry of Social Development for the recruitment of selected roles within Improvement Systems and Technology.
Robert Walters will be the primary channel communication for all internal and external candidates on behalf of the MSD Recruitment team.
Internal MSD Employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
Joining MSD means being part of a whānau that celebrates the diversity each individual represents. We show manaaki, we care about the wellbeing and success of people and want everyone to thrive, and be who they are in a supportive and inclusive working environment. We work together to make a difference for communities while doing the right thing with integrity. We are a Treaty partner committed to strengthening relationships with Māori, Hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so we can assist you through the recruitment process.
MSD has a COVID-19 vaccination policy that encourages, but does not require, employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and its variants, unless the role is identified as requiring vaccination at the time.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Social Development|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||test-analyst-senior-test-analyst-march-2021.docx (Word, 314KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.