Engagement and Partnerships Advisor at Ministry For Ethnic Communities, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Kia ora, As-salamu alaykum, Namaste, Hwan-yeong, Svagata cha, Huanyf ng, Bula Vinaka, Jambo, Talofa lava, Tena koutou katoa and welcome
The Ministry for Ethnic Communities is the Government's chief advisor on ethnic communities, ethnic diversity and the inclusion of ethnic communities in wider society.
We are a relatively new ministry in government, and we like to think we are the most diverse and inclusive. As a Ministry,
- We want to be a catalyst for change
- We want to harness and share knowledge
- We want to work in partnership with others
- We want to support communities to be more empowered.
The Engagement and Partnerships Advisors are diversity experts and on the ground community engagement specialists. Advisors contribute community intelligence to MEC's policy development and service delivery and are an important conduit for engagement and consultation with communities on policy and services matters.
We are looking for an advisor to join our Strategic Engagement and Partnerships team. The Advisor will:
- Build and maintain up to date expert knowledge of ethnic community groups in your region and nationally, with your knowledge reflecting community and demographic change.
- Proactively maintain up to date awareness of the political, economic and social impacts and opportunities relating to ethnic diversity in New Zealand.
- Support engagement and consultation with ethnic communities and ethnic community leaders on policy issues and proposals.
- Participate in key cross sector working groups and seek opportunities for collaboration where appropriate.
Ideally you will have:
- Successful track record of forming partnerships of value and effective working relationships with others, including those with diverse cultures, values or priorities.
- Experience in influencing ethnic groups, government agencies and/or private sector organisations.
- Strong relationship management skills, including the ability to relate to and gain the confidence of diverse stakeholders (e.g. ethnic community members and organisations as well as local and central government agencies, and others working in the diversity and inclusion field).
- Very good inter-cultural communication skills, oral and written.
- Proficiencies in an/other ethnic language(s) would be an advantage.
Applications close on 29 September 2023.
Please note we will be progressing with applications as they are submitted.
We encourage inclusion and diversity at the Ministry for Ethnic Communities and are committed to equal opportunity in all our employment policies and procedures. We want to ensure accessibility needs are well supported, so the recruitment process is fair and equitable for all. Therefore, please let us know if there is any support, we can provide to ensure the recruitment process is fully accessible to you. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss any accessibility needs you may have.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry For Ethnic Communities|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||PD - Engagement and Partnerships Advisor.pdf (PDF, 251KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.