Executive Assistant to Regional Commissioner - Southern Region at Ministry of Social Development, Otago
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The Ministry of Social Development is a people-centred organisation. We're in communities across the motu, working with partners to help New Zealanders be safe, strong and independent.
We provide social policy and advice to government and assistance, including income, employment and housing support to people of all ages, families, whānau and communities.
As a Te Tiriti o Waitangi partner we are committed to supporting and enabling Māori, whānau, hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
Our people are as diverse as the communities we serve. We care about the wellbeing and success of our people and provide a supportive and inclusive working environment where people can thrive and be who they are.
Executive Assistant to the Regional Commissioner - Southern Region
Fixed Term / Secondment until 28 June 2024, Full Time
Based in Dunedin
Haere mai, nau mai, piki mai, ngā waka, ngā mana, ngā reo, nau mai!
- Are you motivated, likeable, efficient, flexible and accurate?
- Do you have exceptional organisation, time management and communication skills?
- Are you politically aware and comfortable dealing with executives?
About the role
As an Executive Assistant to the Regional Commissioner you will provide a wide range of administration and secretarial duties. Daily tasks will include diary management, organising meetings and travel, taking minutes and preparing documentation (including reports).
High level stakeholder management is a key focus in this role, you will support the Regional Commissioner in managing relationships with regional leaders across a variety of sectors. A high level of confidentiality is essential in this role.
Your role and daily tasks are determined by the work programme and priorities of the Regional Commissioner. Given the nature and pace of their role you need to be adaptable to change and willing to provide appropriate support as required.
You will also support the wider team by making sure administration systems and processes are as efficient as possible and initiating and implementing improvements when appropriate.
- You are a strong communicator and relationship builder.
- Your proven expertise providing Executive Assistant support to Senior Leaders provides you with a reputation for being efficient and focussed on quality outcomes.
- Being tech and systems savvy you can use a range of systems and have an advanced level of word processing, documentation and administrative skills.
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office suite programmes (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Self-managing, you are comfortable juggling multiple deadlines and have an unflappable approach in stressful situations.
- You're a self-starter, with loads of initiative and can anticipate needs with ease.
- You have the confidence and judgement to keep things moving without your manager and make sure deadlines are met.
- Regular coaching and career development opportunities
- Supportive work environment
How to apply
To apply, click the 'Apply Now' button to upload your CV, cover letter and complete the online application form.
Note: Your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the key responsibilities listed in the position description.
All applications must be made online. If this is not possible or if you have any queries, please contact us at email@example.com
Internal MSD Employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
Closing date: Monday, 25 September 2023
Joining MSD means being part of a whānau that celebrates the diversity each individual represents. We show manaaki, we care about the wellbeing and success of people and want everyone to thrive, and be who they are in a supportive and inclusive working environment. We work together to make a difference for communities while doing the right thing with integrity. We are a Treaty partner committed to strengthening relationships with Māori, Hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so we can assist you through the recruitment process.
MSD has a COVID-19 vaccination policy that encourages, but does not require, employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and its variants, unless the role is identified as requiring vaccination at the time.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Social Development|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.