Manager, System and Agency Performance at Public Service Commission, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Te Kawa Mataaho Public Service Commission leads the public sector to make a positive difference for New Zealand and New Zealanders.
Due to a promotion and a retirement, we have two tier 3 manager roles vacant in the System and Agency Performance Group. The core functions of the management roles are the same, however the work content of teams they lead may vary. The key areas of work are:
- Chief Executive Appointments and Remuneration – the recruitment and succession planning of departmental secretaries and chief executives in the Public Service;
- Performance Analysis and Advice – analysis and advice to enable the Commission to lead and influence improvements now and in the future at agency, sector and system wide levels; and
- Crown Entities Engagement, Fees and Disclosures – leading the Commission's engagement with Crown entities, and providing advice and guidance to agencies on the interpretation and implementation of the Cabinet Fees Framework.
The recruitment process for both roles will be run in parallel. You may wish to indicate a preference for one or more of these areas of work, however we will consider each application for both roles. The exact split of work will depend on the candidates' skills and experience.
To be successful in these roles you will have:
- experience in managing teams of people with the ability to bring together the contributions of diverse teams to deliver a complex work programme;
- the ability to lead and develop new and challenging ways of thinking about issues.
- excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal; and
- success in leading the provision of policy analysis and advice, and in operational delivery.
If you would like to discuss these roles, please contact Steph McKinlay via email, email@example.com
We believe in a diverse and inclusive Public Service which reflects the communities that we serve. You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to apply for this job. Talk to us about what flexible work arrangements might work for both you and us.
This position usually pays between $154,960 to $203,385 depending on skills and experience.
Please note that all applicants are required to apply via jobs.govt.nz
Please submit your application by or on: 6/12/2021
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Public Service Commission|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||2020 - JD - SAPG - Manager, System and Agency Performance.pdf (PDF, 200KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.