Publications Officers at Parliamentary Counsel Office, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Salary band $69,235 - $84,620
We are looking for motivated and experienced team players to join our Publication Services team. We have a couple of permanent roles available and a 12-month fixed term, or secondment, to support the team while a current member is seconded to another role. This is your chance to work in the heart of central government, and help make great law for New Zealand.
What we do
The Parliamentary Counsel Office (PCO) is a key legislation adviser to the Government and to Parliament, and is New Zealand's legislative drafting and publishing office.
We work with others to make legislation that is fit for purpose, constitutionally sound, and accessible to all users.
Ka mahi mātau me ētahi atu ki te tuhituhi ture e rite ana mō āna kaupapa, e aro ana ki ngā tikanga whakahaere kāwanatanga, ā, e wātea ana ki ngā kaiwhakamahi katoa.
About the team
Publication Services is responsible for providing specialist publication services to ensure easy access to New Zealand's legislation via the New Zealand legislation website (legislation.govt.nz).
As part of the Access and Digital group, Publication Services prepares legislation for publication (including Bills for Parliament and secondary legislation for Executive Council), incorporates and checks amendments into principal legislation (ie, produces consolidations), updates legislation details, and provides assistance and services to other teams within the PCO and to external agencies.
We are interested in someone who has the ability to learn quickly and put their skills gained through tertiary education, or out in the workforce, into practice. Whilst experience with legislation and knowledge of the legislative process would be helpful, it is not essential.
You'll be someone who:
- builds and maintains good working relationships with your team and external stakeholders
- has great communication skills – these are essential for liaising with staff at Parliament and other external agencies
- is comfortable using technology – we have our own in-house drafting and publishing system
- is available to be on roster for evening shifts on Parliamentary sitting days (2 pm to 10 pm Tuesday to Thursday of sitting weeks)
- has excellent attention to detail and takes pride in accuracy, especially in written text
- can work flexibly within a small team and is unfazed by tight deadlines.
- We're collaborative and friendly.
- We're committed to our people's wellbeing, providing support, opportunities to thrive, and working arrangements that keep work and life in balance.
- We share a vision to make great law for New Zealand.
How to apply
This is an excellent opportunity to join a professional and highly respected organisation.
See www.pco.govt.nz/current-vacancies for the position description and to learn how to apply. Applications must include a completed PCO application form (please download it from our website), a CV, and a cover letter, sent to email@example.com.
Please say in your application whether you are interested in the permanent position, the fixed-term position, or both.
Applications close: 8am Monday 27 November 2023
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Parliamentary Counsel Office|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Permanent - Full Time|
|Attachment:||Publications-Officer-JD Nov 23.pdf (PDF, 378KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.