Senior Advisor, Ministerial Services at Accident Compensation Corporation, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Bring your exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Put your mentoring and coaching skills to good use
- Join an organisation that supports and develops your career
- Permanent opportunity based in Wellington
With ACC, you'll be supporting people in Aotearoa to stay safe by minimising the incidence and impact of injury, as well as helping them recover from injury if an accident does happen. Join us - an organisation that grew out of bold thinking and has an enduring commitment to care for others at work, home and play.
We're looking for an experienced Senior Advisor to join our high-functioning and engaged Ministerial Services team. You'll be putting your mentoring, coaching and leadership skills to good use, while also being tasked with keeping abreast of trends and issues, building relationships and managing complex Ministerial requests.
A few things you will get involved in the following:
- Coaching and mentoring advisors to provide high quality and timely responses to complex and sensitive Ministerial requests (as well as doing some of the work yourself)
- The development and implementation of initiatives that enhance the skills of Ministerial Services team members
- Providing a Ministerial and Machinery of Government lens to conversations about ACC's work and operations
- Support the Official Information Act team as required
- Work with the Manager, Ministerial Services to drive continuous improvement across all activities in the areas of customer focus, partnership innovation and staff empowerment.
What we need from you to be successful in the role will include the following:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including proven report and business writing experience
- The ability to coaching and mentor colleagues through pieces of work
- A strong risk radar and political nous who can see the big picture
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building, influencing and networking skills
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Machinery of Government
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to influence without having direct authority
- OIA experience would be helpful, but not necessary
You will be joining a fantastic team, with a great team culture who is committed to high quality work. The manager is committed to providing development opportunities across the group and wider organisation.
An attractive salary of $94k - $120k depending on experience,plus 9% super is on offer, along with an opportunity to grow and develop your career in one of New Zealand's leading government agencies.
Working at ACC
We know that a diverse and inclusive team helps us meet the needs of our customers, and we welcome candidates from every ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, age, and those with a disability or who have additional mental health needs. It is important to us that people are free to be themselves at work.
Here are some ways we encourage that:
- Employee networks to support our colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- The option to explore flexible working that suits your needs and ours
- Development opportunities in te reo Māori me ngā tikanga
Applications close on Wednesday, 1 December 2021.
However please note that if an ideal candidate is found during this time we will move forward with screening and interviewing sooner.
Applications can only be accepted when submitted through our ACC career website. If you encounter accessibility issues when submitting your application, or if you have any questions about the role please email Nadine.firstname.lastname@example.org
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Accident Compensation Corporation|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Policy & analysis|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.