Prevention Investment Lead at Accident Compensation Corporation, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Pivotal lead role in supporting aspirations to reduce sexual violence in Aotearoa
- Join an organisation that will grow and support your career
- Utilise your analysis and economic expertise to drive meaningful change
- Permanent opportunity based in Wellington
Reducing the incidence and severity of injuries is a strategic priority for ACC and one of many ways we help to improve lives every day. ACC is increasing its investment to injury prevention and implementing an ambitious Injury Prevention Strategy.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as our Prevention Investment Lead. This is a newly created roleresponsible maintaining oversight of the prevention investment for Healthy Consensual Relationships/Oranga Whakapapa providing analysis for future ACC investment.
This role will work across ACC and cross Government, provide recommendations to Value Streams Board and Board, linking into Policy, Strategy and Customer System.
Some of the important work you will be doing will include the following:
- Support the Joint Venture for Family Violence and Sexual Violence agencies to adopt the primary prevention system model through provision of data, modelling and analytics
- Build prioritisation frameworks to enable ACC leaders to determine which initiatives are most likely to deliver the greatest outcomes for clients, providers and ACC
- Lead the design of data reporting matrix to demonstrate and monitor ACC's progress towards achieving equity of access and outcomes for Māori
- Develop and maintain key relationships with other government and non-government sector representatives for the benefit of data gathering and insights production
What we are looking for from you to be successful in this role will include the following:
- Significant experience as a Senior Economist or similar field within the New Zealand context
- Knowledge of the health-care industry, New Zealand health system and working knowledge of international health systems
- You have demonstrated experience in the design and development of prioritisation frameworks - specifically, health cost effectiveness analysis and cost-utility analysis to support project priority setting and decision-making activities
- Good working knowledge of "indicators" used by other Government and non-government organisations e.g. Treasury's Living Standards Framework
- Experience in delivering monitoring frameworks for health related Te Tiriti O Waitangi obligations is an advantage
- You have proven senior stakeholder engagement experience and excellent interpersonal skills with he ability to influence outcomes collaboratively
We offer an attractive salary $112k to $140k depending on experience,plus 9% super is on offer, along with an opportunity to grow and develop your career in one of New Zealand's leading government agencies.
Working at ACC
We know that a diverse and inclusive team helps us meet the needs of our customers, and we welcome candidates from every ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, age, and those with a disability or who have additional mental health needs. It is important to us that people are free to be themselves at work.
Here are some ways we encourage that:
- Employee networks to support our colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- The option to explore flexible working that suits your needs and ours
- Development opportunities in te reo Māori me ōna tikanga
For a detailed position description click position description.
Applications close on Sunday, 5 December 2021.
Interviews will be conducted the following week. Please note that if an ideal candidate is found during this time we will move forward with screening and interviewing sooner.
Applications can only be accepted when submitted through our ACC career website. If you encounter accessibility issues when submitting your application, or if you have any questions about the role please email Nadine.firstname.lastname@example.org
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Accident Compensation Corporation|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Policy & analysis|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.