Portfolio Advisor - Wellington at Accident Compensation Corporation, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Helping ACC deliver quality health outcomes
- Supporting the development of innovative health services
- Wellington is our preferred location
- 12-month, fixed-term opportunity
ACC's vision is to create a unique partnership with every New Zealander, improving their quality of life by minimising the incidence and impact of injury. ACC is shifting the ways we work with our clients to deliver meaningful support and guidance to over two million people recovering from accident or injury each year.
The Recovery Services team within Client Service Delivery (CSD) is responsible for building strong relationships with our providers, reporting on and managing service performance and has the end to end responsibility for the contract management cycle. This ensures that our Clients have access to appropriate health and rehabilitation services when they need them.
Newly part of Client Service Delivery, you will be a member of a cohesive, hardworking portfolio team which utilises cross-functional ways of working within ACC and across the Rehabilitation Sector to achieve our goals.
As a Portfolio Advisor in Recovery Services you will contribute to the development and continuous improvement of health and disability services, in line with ACC's Health Sector Strategy and international best practice. You will contribute to regular reporting on the management and financial performance of services, prepare reports and decision papers to support service initiatives such as memos, business cases and project briefs. You will also lead the development of documentation and processes to support providers and internal ACC staff, support procurement activities and contribute to the implementation of projects and programmes.
Key responsibilities of the role and what you need to be successful:
- You have a tertiary qualification in a health, social sciences or business, coupled with experience in the health sector and/or social services
- Professional judgement and decision-making ability, backed by tenacity, diplomacy and tact is a must
- To succeed in this role, you will be a problem solver, a team player, and critical thinker with an ability to analyse and advise on the services within your portfolio
- Previous experience in health purchasing and portfolio management would be ideal but is not essential
- You will act as an operational subject matter expert to support the wider ACC business in relation to our contracted and non-contracted services and assist with resource development and portfolio team messaging
- Review old and develop new operational guidelines and business processes in relation to our services
- Along with the Procurement Specialist review old and develop new service schedules
- Support the Health Agile Release Train, Business Process Improvement and Technology and Innovation teams to implement all necessary system upgrades needed for new or modified services
- Assist the Portfolio Manager to answer Media, Ministerial and Official Information Act requests as required
- Apply Continuous Quality Improvement tools and feedback to drive operational and service improvements
What's in it for you?
- A challenging opportunity with plenty of variety in your role
- $78,468k - $92,315k depending on experience, plus 9% superannuation contribution
- A range of benefits including wellness and employee discount programmes
We welcome applications from people of every ethnicity, national origin, gender orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, and disabled people. It's important to us that people bring their whole selves to work.
For a detailed position description click below. Applications will run through to Wednesday, 21 April 2021. Please ensure you attach your cover letter telling us why you would be a great fit and what strengths you would bring to the role.
Applications can only be accepted when submitted through our ACC Career Website. If you encounter accessibility issues when submitting your application, or if you have any questions about the role please email Nadine.O'Donnelll@acc.co.nz
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Accident Compensation Corporation|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.