Cafe Crew - Parliament at Te Papa, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
CAFÉ CREW – COPPERFIELDS
Te Papa stands proud as an iconic national building housing the treasures of the nation and is a vibrant destination for both national and international visitors.
Te Papa is seeking a café crew who is passionate about customer service, understands how to create an appealing dining environment, enjoys working in a team and the pace and challenge of leading a high volume shift operation. This person would work in Parliament's café which is predominately open Monday to Friday. You will be looking after all the people that support running this country so will need to offer a warm, friendly professional service to all.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience in customer service in a busy, high volume catering operation
- Ability to establish effective working relationships and contribute to team building
- Demonstrated ability to plan and deliver to agreed standards
- High level of personal presentation
- Ability to provide information clearly and accurately, using language that is easily understood
- Actively listens, understands and acts upon messages and instructions
- Good understanding of food and beverage service standards and procedures including food service hygiene
- Ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team.
Although the role is predominately Monday to Friday, we operate 7 days a week and therefore your flexibility to work over a 7 day roster including Public Holidays and weekend work are essential criteria for suitability.
The role is fixed term until December 2022 which is within the duration of the arrangement that Te Papa has with Parliamentary Services.
It's an exciting time at Te Papa: we are experiencing phenomenal growth in our Venues business and this is a great opportunity to join our Venues team as we continue to grow our business. We're ambitious, service-focused, creative and fun, so we want to hear from you now if you are ready to take the next step in your hospitality career.
The appointing salary for this role will be $46,000 - $48,180 with further room for progression through the band.
Applications close Wednesday 4th August 2021.
Applicants must have the ability to obtain and maintain the legal right to work in New Zealand.
Prior to Te Papa confirming any offer of employment, pre-employment checks will be undertaken including criminal conviction history and reference checking as a minimum.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Category:||Hospitality & Tourism|
|Attachment:||FINAL_PD_Cafe Crew Member (PS).pdf (PDF, 171KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.