Specialist Cover Assessor - Dunedin at Accident Compensation Corporation, Otago
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Are you an experienced registered health professional looking for a change in your career?
- Use your clinical knowledge - take the weight off your feet and phone from a desk. (regular hours Monday to Friday)
- Permanent role, starting salary $79,645 p.a. + 9% employer superannuation contribution
If you enjoy problem solving, assessing clinical information, making decisions and communicating with clients?
Then this could be the role for you!
The Specialist Cover Assessor role plays an important role in assessing clinical information and making decisions on ACC claims where the injury may have been caused by treatment. This is not a face to face position, the role is office based and communication with external stakeholders is largely phone based.
Your broad base of clinical knowledge, ability to interpret legislation, medical records and clinical data into meaningful information will be vital to this role. You will not be left to your own devices but will be fully supported by a team of like-minded clinical professionals as well as having access to legal and medical advisors.
So, what experience is essential for the Specialist Cover Assessor role?
- You will need to be a strong team player, work well in a busy environment, have resilience, good organisational skills, professional judgement, computer literate and have:
- A recognised clinical qualification in a relevant clinical field - please state what clinical field it is (e.g. Nursing, Physiotherapy, Midwifery, Pharmaceuticals, etc.)
- A minimum of five years' post-graduate clinical experience as a practitioner dealing with the public
- A current Annual Practising Certificate
- Be Technology savvy
What's in it for me?
- Clinical professional development
- Development opportunities within ACC
- You'll will be working amongst a team who has a great engagement score
The indicative starting salary for this role will be $79,645. This is exclusive of ACC's 9% superannuation contribution which would bring the total starting package to $86,813.
Working at ACC
We know that a diverse and inclusive team helps us meet the needs of our customers, and we welcome applications from people of every ethnicity, national origin, gender orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, and/or status as an individual with a disability. It's important to us that people bring their whole selves to work
To view the position description, click Specialist Cover Assessor PD
Applications close 11.55pm on Monday, 31 January 2022.
Please note ACC would require that you hold and maintain a valid vaccine pass or valid vaccine exemption for COVID-19 as a condition of your employment and that your pass be sighted during the recruitment process
Applications will only be accepted when submitted through our Career Website.
If you encounter accessibility issues when submitting your application, or if you have any questions about the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Accident Compensation Corporation|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.