TĀKINA EVENTS HOSPITALITY CREW - CASUAL at Te Papa, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Tākina Events is the world class team delivering hospitality in unique, iconic locations including Te Papa and the new Wellington Convention and Exhibition Centre, opening July 2023. We are currently looking for professional and motivated hospitality professionals to join our whānau on a casual basis.
Flexibility and reliability will be key to your success as we operate over 750 functions a year and will require you to be able to work across a variety of locations, days and times. Our casual staff benefit from receiving rosters in advance and having the ability to self-select the shifts that suit their schedule!
What's in it for me?
Joining a busy, supportive team, you will:
- Gain access to excellent staff benefits across the museum
- Enjoy a variety of work across multiple function types from conferences and weddings to exhibition openings and gala dinners
- Competitive rates of pay and no split shifts!
- Develop your skills through a bespoke training and development specifically designed to help you achieve you hospitality career goals
Most importantly - you will become part of Wellington's premier hospitality provider, an iconic brand with strong values who provide genuine professional development opportunities for those seeking a career in hospitality.
Successful candidates will have:
- Previous hospitality experience, preferably in events
- Ability to work across all days and times including Public Holidays, evenings and weekends
- A passion for delivering world class customer service
When applying please include your availability to work across days and times plus any periods you will not be available.
The hourly rate for this position will be a minimum of $22.75.
Applicants must have the ability to obtain and maintain the legal right to work in New Zealand.
From 1 July 2022 appointment to a position at Te Papa will require a declaration of Vaccination Status (confirmation that you are currently ‘up to date' with vaccination against COVID 19 or, you are not currently vaccinated or ‘up to date' with vaccination against COVID-19). Future appointees will also need to agree to comply with any future Government or Te Papa mandates or requirements relating to vaccination against COVID-19.
Prior to Te Papa confirming any offer of employment, pre-employment checks will be undertaken including criminal conviction history and reference checking as a minimum.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Category:||Hospitality & Tourism|
|Attachment:||FINAL_PD_Te Papa Hospitality Crew_Jul18.pdf (PDF, 151KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.