Full Stack Developer at Te Papa, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Full Stack Developer
Te Papa stands proud as an iconic national building housing the treasures of the nation and is a vibrant destination for both national and international visitors. Biculturalism is a founding philosophy and practice of Te Papa designed to explore the contribution of Māori language and culture to the life, culture and activities of the museum in small and large ways. Te Papa fosters and nurtures cross-cultural capability, the ability of people of different cultural backgrounds to interact with one another in positive and uplifting ways.
We are looking for an energetic new team member to join Te Papa's Creative Technology and Development Team. The Full Stack Developer works with members of the wider Technology, Digital and Experience teams to build and iterate rich public-facing experiences to enhance the overall experience of visiting Te Papa. Our work is used by our manuhiri within the museum on touchscreens, projections and other unique ways of delivering digital experiences as well as on the web through our public facing websites.
The position holder will provide significant input to establishing and running sustainable, user focused development practices for internal and external web, interactive and business systems.
- Work with creative people
- Work in a creative environment
- Work within a great team dynamic
- Work on exciting exhibitions requiring creative outcomes
- Enjoy a flexible approach to work including flexible hours and hybrid working considerations as agreed
- Gain access to staff benefits across Te Papa
You will have a natural curiosity, a desire to learn and an ability to quickly pick up new concepts. You will also bring strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to convey technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
You will also be able to demonstrate:
- Development experience, a modern JS framework such as React, Svelte, Angular or VueJS
- Experience using back-end frameworks such as Express, Serverless, Django etc
- Experience working CSS and SASS
- Good understanding of modern patterns, libraries and frameworks and able to choose the right tools for the job
- Experience in working with REST APIs, including SaaS APIs, and the common formats and patterns associated with them, e.g. JSON
- Version control via Git
- Experience with build tools (e.g. Webpack etc)
- Demonstrates a lean approach to development favouring prototypes over requirement documents
The following knowledge and experience would also be useful:
- Experience in animation development using either css or JS
- Knowledge of ThreeJS
- An understanding of application security and how our work impacts wider security
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment
- Experience of command-line interfaces, tools and shell scripting
- Mobile web development skills
- An understanding of analytics and monitoring
- Experience of design for accessibility
If this role sounds like just what you're looking for, complete the application online and attach your CV and covering letter today!
The starting salary for this position will be between $85,000 to $100,000pa with further room for progression through the band. Offers will be made within the range to reflect the skills and experience offered by the candidate and those required of the role, and internal relativities with other employees.
All applicants must have the ability to obtain and maintain the legal right to work in New Zealand.
Applications close on 30 January 2023. Applications will be acknowledged immediately however the recruitment panel will not meet to commence the selection process until after that date with a view to making further contact with applicants during the week beginning 6th February 2023.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||FINAL_PD_Full_Stack_Developer_Jan23.pdf (PDF, 159KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.