Demi Chef De Partie at Te Papa, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Te Papa stands proud as an iconic national building housing the treasures of the nation and is a vibrant destination for both national and international visitors. We've now also partnered with Wellington City Council to operate Tākina, Wellington's newest Convention and Exhibition Centre. Our Venues team is world-class, delivering the event operations and hospitality across both Te Papa and Tākina.
Te Papa is looking for a qualified and experienced Demi Chef de Partie to assist in the co-ordination and preparation of all menu items to the highest standards as required.
Ideally you will have:
- A minimum of 3 years of chef experience, and a minimum of 1 year working in a similar level position
- Cooking/Chef Qualification
- The ability to work under pressure within a positive work environment
- Organisational skills and the ability to prioritise work according to agreed targets and urgent demands
- The ability to work alone or as part of a shift team
- Good working knowledge of all local and government legislation regarding hygiene and safe working conditions
- Preferably experience in a multi outlet hospitality operation, from restaurant to function catering, working in a large kitchen brigade.
What's in it for me?
Joining a busy, supportive team at an iconic Wellington Venue, you will also:
- Gain access to excellent staff benefits across the museum
- Work across multiple sites including cafés and restaurants
- Receive discounts in the retail store and café
- Have a laundered uniform provided
We operate 7 days a week and therefore your flexibility to work over a 7-day roster including Public Holidays and weekends are essential criteria for suitability. Along with Te Papa's cafes and on-site function venues, we operate restaurants and café outlets at Circa Theatre and the soon to open Tākina venues. We are therefore seeking crew members who can be flexible in their work location. The work across our operation is busy, fast paced and in a fantastic, friendly team environment, so come join us!
The salary range for this position is $49,200 to $54,120 with further room for progression through the band. Offers will be made within the range to reflect the skills and experience offered by the candidate and those required of the role, and internal relativities with other employees.
Applicants must have the ability to obtain and maintain the legal right to work in New Zealand.
Prior to Te Papa confirming any offer of employment, pre-employment checks will be undertaken including criminal conviction history and reference checking as a minimum.
Applications close 2 April 2023.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Hospitality & Tourism|
|Attachment:||PD_Demi Chef de Partie.pdf (PDF, 179KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.