Parliamentary Executive Assistant to Arena Williams, MP and Naisi Chen, MP at Parliamentary Service, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
As the Parliamentary Executive Assistant to Arena Williams and Naisi Chen, you'll put your excellent eye for detail, workflow management skills and boundless enthusiasm to good use in this varied and rewarding environment. You'll be happy to work autonomously within Parliament, while being part of the wider team in the Manurewa Electorate and Botany community offices and be well-known for your attention to detail, building relationships with others and your ability to respond to changing priorities.
While this is a highly varied role where no two days are ever the same, some of your key responsibilities include:
- Workflow management - you will have, or will quickly develop, a highly sought-after skillset to manage team workflows and help your MPs to manage and meet the demands on their time
- Managing your MPs busy inbox, diary and coordinating travel bookings
- Providing advice and reporting on the office budget and expenses
- Coordinating high quality functions and events for your MP
- Organising and booking meetings, preparing agendas and taking minutes
- Preparing briefing notes for your MP for Select Committees and the House on sitting weeks
- Greeting visitors to the Parliamentary office and responding to correspondence, emails and other communications
- Becoming a subject matter expert on the workings of Parliament, and developing close relationships across the precinct
As an employee of Parliamentary Service, you will be apolitical in your role. Awareness of the political landscape may be beneficial in supporting your MPs.
Things are changeable here so an appreciation for the environment and the ability to be calm, proactive and flexible will stand you in good stead. The ability to build strong and trusted relationships is key to this role.
To ensure our people feel supported and enabled to grow and develop their career you will receive a Parliamentary Service induction to set you up to succeed within this environment, as well as ongoing learning and development opportunities.
This is an events based, fixed term role linked to the MP, working 40 hours per week. Some flexibility in hours may be required.
If you want to work in a role and environment unlike any other; one that is hugely rewarding and exciting with the chance to make a difference, apply now.
The appointing salary band for this role is $54,712 to $68,390 per annum. Appointments will be based on your skills and experience.
Applications close 5pm Monday, 30 November 2020.
If you have any questions regarding this role please contact Talent@parliament.govt.nz
The Parliamentary Service appoints on merit and is committed to EEO and good employer principles.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||Parliamentary+Executive+Assistant+-+53rd+Parliament.pdf (PDF, 563KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.