Principal Advisor, Communications and Engagement at Fire and Emergency New Zealand, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Enjoy a supportive and collaborative team culture
- Undertake meaningful and varied mahi in a unique, fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Be part of an organisation dedicated to serving communities across Aotearoa, protecting lives, property and the environment
An exciting opportunity for an experienced, strategic communication advisor to provide expert support to leadership and drive growth across the communication and engagement function.
Who are we:
Fire and Emergency New Zealand is a Crown Entity established on 1 July 2017 under the Fire and Emergency New Zealand Act 2017. The role of our new organisation is to reduce unwanted fires, respond to structural and vegetation fires and other emergencies including motor vehicle crashes, medical emergencies, hazardous substance related incidents, natural disasters and support increased community resilience.
Our vision is to build stronger communities and protect what matters most to the people within them. We are proud to be recognised as New Zealand's most trusted public sector agency. Our values reflect what our people believe is core to who we are and the organisation we aspire to be:
We Do the Right Thing – Kia Tika
We Serve and Support – Manaakitanga
We Are Better Together – Whanaungatanga
We Strive to Improve – Auahatanga
Our employee benefits include matched KiwiSaver employer contributions of up to 6%, life and income protection insurance for eligible employees, and a wellness policy that allows for generous sick leave provisions so you can look after yourself.
About the role:
As a valued member of the Communications and Engagement Directorate, the Principal Advisor, Communication and Engagement is responsible for working across the function to develop and maintain the appropriate frameworks, plans, measurement processes and strategies to ensure the team is working in a cohesive and integrated way. This role works at a strategic level and will take a lead responsibility implementing, reporting on, and updating the national communications strategy to ensure it delivers for our organisation and the people of Aotearoa.
This role also provides critical communications and engagement support to the leadership of our organisation, helping us tell our stories and engage with our people, and key stakeholders, in an effective and meaningful way. You'll be trusted advisor and strategic counsel, but also willing to get involved in execution and the delivery of communications strategies and plans, where needed.
Based at our national headquarters in Wellington, you'll work across a variety of projects, programmes and teams, holding key relationships with internal and external stakeholders and promoting a collaborative, inclusive approach to our mahi.
What you'll bring to the role:
- 10+ years' experience working in corporate affairs, change communications or strategic communications roles
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to relate to and gain the confidence of the CE, Chair and diverse stakeholders.
- Expert communication and technical skills, including speech writing and presentation development.
- Significant experience working directly with Chief Executives and Boards to provide strategic communications and engagement support.
- A proactive, innovative approach to delivering best practice communication solutions
- A desire to mentor team members and uplift the capability of the directorate.
If you're looking for your next challenge, enjoy working in a collaborative team environment and have a strong desire to make a difference for our people and communities across Aotearoa then you'll find this a rewarding opportunity.
How to apply:
If this sounds like you apply now. To download a copy of our position description please visit our vacancy page on our website www.fireandemergency.nz. For specific questions about this role please email Philly.Rillstone@fireandemergency.nz
Applications close Friday 7 October 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Fire and Emergency New Zealand|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Communications, media, & marketing|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.