Pou Tiaki Whakapā - Green Party at Parliamentary Service, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The Green Party of Aotearoa New Zealand has an opportunity for a communications specialist to take up the role of Pou Tiaki Whakapā, joining a newly formed team set up to provide support to Te Mātāwaka - the Green Party's Māori and Pasifika Caucus.
As the Pou Tiaki Whakapā you will help to promote the parliamentary work of Te Mātāwaka MPs and the wider Green Party to diverse Māori audiences.
This is more than a traditional press secretary role, utilising multiple forms of storytelling including written, visual, and audio. The Pou Tiaki Whakapā will support MPs to build and strengthen relationships with Māori communities, and Māori and regional media to grow awareness of the Green Party initiatives and policies.
You will have experience in journalism, communications, public relations, and/or advocacy campaigning and an understanding of Te Ao Māori.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Providing advice on media issues, including identifying media opportunities and making the most of them, and helping mitigate risks
- Helping prepare MPs for media interviews and speeches, including interviews and speeches in te reo Māori
- Drafting press releases and social media content
- Communication and relationship management: working closely with key media and stakeholders, ensuring they are informed of Green Party positions on topical issues
- Working in collaboration with policy advisors, researchers, and the communications and outreach teams to ensure MPs are supported
Your great attitude and willingness to work hard and develop new skills will help you to succeed in this role as you become accustomed to the ever-changing environment at Parliament.
This exciting opportunity will offer you variety, challenge and will provide you with a unique insight into the political process and how Parliament operates.
The salary range for this role is $66,235-82,793 per annum, plus five weeks annual leave. Highly experienced applicants may be appointed above this range. Appointments will be based on skills and experience.
Applications close 5pm on Monday, 4 July 2022.
If you have any questions regarding this role please contact Recruitment@parliament.govt.nz
The Parliamentary Service appoints on merit and is committed to EEO and good employer principles.
To apply for this job, please go to our job site https://careers.parliament.govt.nz/home and enter the job code 30224GJ.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.