Audio Visual Technician at Parliamentary Service, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Bring your understanding and passion for audio principles as you provide support to the Buildings and Safety team, arranging sub-contractors and providing site inductions.
- Unique, challenging and highly rewarding role
- High performing and passionate team who are well regarded within the business
- Exciting, fast paced and collaborative environment
The Facilities and Asset Management Business Unit (FAM) is part of the Corporate Services Group, and maintains, protects, and preserves the physical integrity and longevity of the parliamentary precinct for the enjoyment of the occupants and visitors, the principal client being the Speaker of the House of Representatives.
Te tIma - The team
FAM provides a seamless, customer-centric, one-stop property service for building and accommodation matters for Parliamentary Service. The Business Unit also provides Messenger Services to the Precinct along with the Health Safety and Wellbeing management for Parliament Services.
Mo te tunga - About the role
As the Audio Visual - Technician, you will provide service for functions here at Parliament from an audio, visual and lighting perspective. Bring your ability to build relationships and coordinate effectively as you deal with a wide range clients and audio visual scope.
Nga haepapa - Responsibilities:
- Assist the Technical lead to keep all audio visual procedural systems are operational 24/7
- Maintain and follow H&S guide lines while on site. Including providing site inductions for contractors
- Hands on for repairs and running of cabling as required including tool experience
- Running of audio visual content for functions/meetings as demand requires, including setups
To kete - What you will bring to the role:
- An understanding of how Parliament operates
- An understanding or have a passion for audio principles
- Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of audio visual systems
- A strong customer service focus
Why work for Parliamentary Service?
- We offer a thorough induction, on-going development and excellent working conditions
- We are a hardworking and high performing team committed to providing the best service to the best Parliament in the world
- We actively represent our values of Accountability, Manaakitanga, Whanaungatanga, Integrity and Empowerment
The appointing salary range for this role is $64,598 - $71,322 per annum. Appointments will be based on skills and experience (please note, the full salary range extends beyond this to allow for tenure progression).
Click the apply button and include your resume and cover letter. Applications close midnight Sunday, 14 August 2022.
For any queries or to arrange a confidential korero, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Parliamentary Service and the Office of the Clerk appoint on merit and are committed to diversity and inclusion and good employer principles. We welcome applicants from all walks of life and value the experience that your point of difference brings.
To apply for this job, please go to our job site https://careers.parliament.govt.nz/home and enter the job code 30424GJ
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.