Senior Travel Officer at Parliamentary Service, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
We have a fantastic opportunity within our small and dynamic team delivering seamless travel solutions to a range of client groups
Te tĪma - The team
The travel team are a small, cohesive team who are responsible for ensuring that all domestic travel and accommodation requirements are correctly handled and processed to the relevant client group in sufficient time to meet travel arrangements. We pride ourselves on the ability to work cohesively and with a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality and are looking for a like-minded professional to join our team. Our team actively works under tight timeframes so the ability to work under pressure and still deliver exceptional customer service is key.
Ngā haepapa - Responsibilities will include the following:
- Make timely and accurate travel bookings
- Process internal air, car, taxi, hotel, rail, sea, and road reservations for the clients of the Travel Office
- An understanding of the relevant legislation applicable to travel and how these are applied to travel in conjunction with the administration of other entitlements
- Provide information and advice on any issues associated with domestic travel, to meet the needs of our clients, in the most cost-effective manner
- Authorise expenditure as required within the limits of the delegated financial authority as required using appropriate cost centres
Tō kete - What you will bring to the role will include the following:
- Previous reservations and ticketing experience with an airline or travel agency or/and knowledge of Sabre, and Qik3 Air New Zealand systems is essential
- Good keyboard skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office systems, including familiarity with Word, Excel, email, and Internet
- A precise and accurate communicator both verbally and in writing
Why work for Parliamentary Service?
- We actively represent our values of Accountability, Manaakitanga, Whanaungatanga, Integrity and Empowerment.
- We offer a thorough induction, on-going development and excellent working conditions
- We offer a range of benefits including a flexible working environment.
This role is fixed term from August 2022 - April 2023, covering maternity leave and we are open to consider part-time or full-time hours with the potential for job-sharing. The appointing salary range for this role is $57,361 to $63,332 per annum. Appointments will be based on skills and experience.
Click the apply button and include your resume and cover letter.
Applications close midnight on Tuesday, 26 June 2022.
For any queries or to arrange a confidential kōrero, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Parliamentary Service and the Office of the Clerk appoint on merit and are committed to diversity and inclusion and good employer principles. We welcome applicants from all walks of life and value the experience that your point of difference brings.
To apply for this job, please go to our job site https://careers.parliament.govt.nz/home and enter the job code 30135GJ.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Transport & Logistics|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.