Social Worker - Tauranga East at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Bay of Plenty
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Make a difference for children, families and communities
- Empower children and young people to achieve their full potential
At Oranga Tamariki - Ministry for Children, we're on a journey to ensure that all tamariki are in loving whānau and communities. Oranga Tamariki is leading social work practice that is child-centred, trauma informed and effective for Māori as well as other cultures.
We currently have a permanent opportunity available as a Social Worker at our Ngā Parirau - Tauranga East site. Tauranga is based in the Bay of Plenty region. Being a beach town with hot saltwater pools and beautiful landscape, Tauranga is known to be one of the most sought out places to live and work in New Zealand.
As a Social Worker, you will have an opportunity to change the lives of our young people and their whānau, helping them to achieve to their full potential. Using the latest strengths-based practice tools and assessment frameworks; you will work hard to get quality outcomes for tamariki and rangatahi.
A big part of your day will be:
- meeting with children and young people and ensuring their voices are heard
- completing assessments and creating plans
- participating in family group conferences
- partnering with other agencies and the community to find the best outcomes for everyone.
We can offer:
- a challenging, fascinating and rewarding career
- a salary range between $55,000 - $100,000
- on-going support and career development
- discounts on Southern Cross Health Insurance
- access to a government banking package with Westpac - special offers and rates.
What we are looking for from you is:
- full registration with New Zealand's Social Work Registration Board (SWRB)
- a social worker qualification recognised by the SWRB
- the ability to listen - hear what the child or young person has to say
- cultural awareness and understanding
- excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- resilience, motivation and be self-driven
- flexibility to work an after-hours duty roster
- strong computer literacy
- a full, clean and valid New Zealand driver's licence.
Applications close: Friday, 30 October 2020.
How to apply
Apply online with your CV, cover letter, copy of your social worker qualification and SWRB details.
If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please apply through your myHR portal. This will ensure your application is received internally.
All applications must be submitted online.
For any further discussion about the role, contact Sravani Peddibhotla at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Location:||Bay of Plenty|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.