Solutions Architect at Ministry of Social Development, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- $96,000 - $144,000
- Wellington location
The Ministry of Social Development has one of the largest Information Technology Groups in the country, providing services to more than one million New Zealanders a week via its service delivery lines. IT plays a significant role in the Ministry, supporting and developing the technology underpinning its client management systems and enabling the Ministry's staff to deliver frontline, policy and corporate services.
The Ministry operates a multi-platform integrated environment, delivering solutions to staff members, clients and the general public. The systems are constantly evolving to meet new legislative need, continually evolving needs of the users and the changing technical landscape including the shift to mobile delivery.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Translating business requirements into architectural approaches by designing system and solution architecture, system integration and realisation strategy
- Planning and management of project deliverables using SAFe principles
- Leading implementation of evaluation, design and realisation planning
- Developing, implementing and managing architecture standards and guidelines
- Providing sound and confident technical and architectural leadership to multi-functional software development teams
- Experience in multiple hardware and software environments and be comfortable with complex system designs
To hit the ground running you will need:
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to guide, negotiate and build consensus across multi-disciplinary agile team environments
- It is desirable if you have experience of working with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Previous experience of Cloud computing.
- Experience in Enterprise modelling tools (such as Sparx Enterprise Architect, ArchiMate, Open Group Standards) and a good grasp of Enterprise Architecture concepts, structure and methodologies
- Solid understanding of Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) and practices in this area, in particular SOA, SaaS, BPM & business rules engines
- Demonstrated experience with Application Security
- It is desirable if you have experience working on Identity and Access Management (IdAM)
- Experience in delivering solutions to complex applications involving multiple platforms
- Understanding of various operating systems, including midrange, Linux and mobile platforms
- Demonstrated knowledge of business and system architecture principles, frameworks, processes and governance
- Vendor relationship management experience
Our fast-paced and supportive environment offers you scope to work on high profile, complex projects, a competitive salary, plus a great bunch of people to work with. This is a challenging role that will deliver great rewards to the right person.
How to apply:
All applications must be made online, if this is not possible please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 28th January 2020.
Joining MSD means being part of a whānau that celebrates the diversity each individual represents. We show manaaki, we care about the wellbeing and success of people and want everyone to thrive, and be who they are in a supportive and inclusive working environment. We work together to make a difference for communities while doing the right thing with integrity. We are a Treaty partner committed to strengthening relationships with Māori, Hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so we can assist you through the recruitment process.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Social Development|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||solution-architect-senior-solution-architect-march18.doc (Word, 130KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.